Smooth Transition (Fl Studio compose)

DannOmni

Hello again

Though this is not a WIP, i got abit tired of working with it, i thought feedback would be good anyway.

Things im not so happy about (what do you think?)

Because ive listen to much to this one now i think some of the instruments sound unprofessional?(maybe they could be mixed in a better way?) Or is it my mind playing tricks?

The ending is abit of an experiment, what do you think of it. Its like a double buildup.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really liked this man. thought it was pretty suited to a video of HD footage of cool stuff

few things:

that riser at 0.35-0.42 sounds like its panned unevenly
so does the lead synth that comes in after it

the drums are a bit too far back in the mix, they should be in front of the bassline IMO

i woulda liked the vocal sample(?) to be a bit louder as well, thought it was pretty cool

i think some of the instruments sound unprofessional?
the only thing that comes to mind is the bassline which sounds a bit flat. i guess you could have brightened it a bit with EQ/reverb, maybe even a harmonic exciter(?). also on a second listen it sounded like to could have had a bit more low end (i know you have quite a bassy kick but i dont think they would have clashed)

the ending sounded fine to me

other than that i thought the whole thing was mixed fairly well

your atmospherics are really decent man, id say thats def your strong point in this track - you got any tips for this? (I also use FL Studio :))

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

yes, the unwanted paning is a problem ive got with the plugin i use (Omnisphere), some of the patches have a very complex filter pattern(LFO). But ill try to find the off button :).

Regarding the "more low end" request, im having some trouble getting a good bass. What would be your advice on what frequency makes a good bass for this song?

Dont reallt know how to answer your question about the atmosherics, i think its partially because Omnisphere is a very strong plugin with loads of high quality patches. They sound very authentic, this might be it? :)

Regards
Dan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom