SMELLERVISION

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Oct 27, 2012.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

has everyone here NOT got a tv licence ? .. or bagged off the tv altogether, in favour of hunter gathering in the wilderness with pony tail

my tv licence is starting to knock on 15 quid a month .. and i gotta be honest, i never fucking watch it ... tempted to get rid .. but its one of them things .. you grow up with and its always there so itll be a weird one .. but im either on the net fapping, gaming, doing music, or getting drunk and pixar ..

most tv you can stream on internet tvs, or on ure computer if you wanna watch something.. or d/l tv shows ( badmanz )

the tv dictates what you watch to a degree, with youtube you can watch ure own bollocks, or stream whatever you choose ..

so anyone bit the bullet and thought , " why the fuck am i paying 150 quid a year for summit i never fucking switch on apart for playing games ? "

im scared to cancel it, but must be fairly liberating at a guess right ?

breaks & arakmehd dont count here.. since they still live with mummy :(

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i don't have one, but i don't watch tv anyway, not as its broadcast anyway, and thats all you need one for.

the fuckers came round a few weeks ago and i had to rush behind the TV unplug the aerial and dash it under the sofa before letting them in

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

When I lived on my own for a bit a never got one. Was weird when people came round. The look on their face when u say I haven't got a tv. Well I did just couldn't watch tv on it.
    I'd say loose it. U can always hook it back up

4. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

I just download everything I like watching and have my PC hooked up to my TV, no ariel nothing. Then I got playlists divided into certain things we got cartoons such as american dad, family guy, futurama and south park all in one playlist although I've rinsed it all.
    Then I have the wire, breaking bad, sopranos, all in separate playlists so when ever some of that tickles my fancy I can just whip it on, no waiting til next week for the next episode, however that can lead to watching shit for hours on end cause they always leave it on a fucking cliff hanger so always end up watching the next episode.
    Also got some ricky gervais show (never get bored of it) got a bit of idiot abroad. Used to have all of scrubs but I lost it, had all of friends once upon a time but that got boring fast once I watched it all.
    Got some documentaries bit of human planet, through the wormhole with morgan freeman, the elegant universe (love stuff about string theory proper mind fuck) and then I got shit loads of films. However if they find me with all that they are probably gonna fuck me a lot harder than they would for not paying TV license. Also made the error of downloading all The Simpsons once upon a time, took ages and the new stuff is so shit and the old stuff just aint as funny as it was when I was a kid. Don't know why any of you needed to know that but I'm bored as fuck so I don't care.

5. EWOKS

through the wormhole with morgan freeman, the elegant universe ???

not heard of these ...

you rate ?

6. EWOKS

i needed to know. boy, did i need to know alright....

7. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Through the wormholes good it's a series mainly about space, goes on about possibilities of time travel, black holes, start of the universe, quantum mechanics and string theory probably more things I can't remember but worth watching if you're into that kind of shit and it's got Morgan Freeman doing the voice over which is alright, only seen the first series though.
    Elegant universe is a 3 part thing just about string theory (through the wormhole episode made me want to know more), very interesting, pretty mind fucky but it does look a bit cheaply made sometimes. String Theories just a mind fuck to be honest, I'd recommend them both if you're into space and shit but are too dumb to grasp it on any serious level.

8. EWOKS

yh i love all that kinda shit man .. watch it all the time.. so should enjoy this ... and good point there, usually its just watched for entertainment.. and to get the jist of the theory's and ideas.. when in reality , its so fucking complex if they really spoke about it scientifically.. youd not have a clue what they were talking about .. i may of watched some of it on youtube

9. EWOKS

you got any good ' thinky ' sorta films you recommend ? seen waking life .. was okay i spose.. infact.. any decent films at all that make you think... yhhhh... like futuristic shit or anything you know..

10. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Memento is one that springs to mind if you haven't seen it, quite scatty and good twist at the end, it's about a man suffering from short-term memory loss and he uses notes and tattoos to hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.

The Machinist is good as well

Dark City was ok from what I remember but not a high budget film and it shows and I've only seen it once.

Cubes good as well, can't remember if it's a proper thinking film but I found it when I was hunting for films like that so should be worth a watch.

Donnie Darkos the obvious one but I think everyone seen that.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless minds good, bit soppy though.

Theres this film that my sister showed me which was all to fuck about a guy who falls in love with this girl and then next thing you know theres this other girl pretending to be her or some shit can't really remember, will try find out what it is I've explained it wrong but it's better than how I've explained it.

Yeah man some of the stuff is insane even when they explain it in laymans terms it's still a proper mindfuck and the way they just use maths to figure out basically everything, boggles my mind. I wish I could do stuff like that though get paid shit loads to fuck about all day working out how everything came to be, them people although their clearly massive nerds love their jobs. I hate mine.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012