small question for audacity users??

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
my recordings techniques are quite primitive, i still have to record on to mini disc then go record that onto a mates laptop. and basically, i recorded to loud from the mixer to mini disc and there are clicks when there's a hard thump from a kick drum or on anything with a booming bass. so all i need to know is if there is any way of removing those little distortion clicks in audacity?

I often have the similar problems mate, to be honest I don't really understand how it all works that's why I never post up mixes. Always sounds fuzzy and also I don't know how to compress my mix and put it on mediafire.com etc. The file is always to big. I'm thinking of getting a new programme, something that is easier to use...

I previously used minidisc to record... and the only problem I used to get was everytime there was heavy bass the mix kinda cut out, no way of sorting that IMO.

an I never got to uploading onto laptop so I can't say I know how to tweak it...

I often have the similar problems mate, to be honest I don't really understand how it all works that's why I never post up mixes. Always sounds fuzzy and also I don't know how to compress my mix and put it on mediafire.com etc. The file is always to big. I'm thinking of getting a new programme, something that is easier to use...

you have saved the file as an MPEG after you record as a WAV file, right?
use to have the fuzziness on my mixes too, bought one of these and it sorts it right out! (y)

UCA202.JPG

puts the recording through the USB slot rather than the mic input...
sorry if you already know this, jus tryin to be be helpful...

Audacity is a piece of crap.

I think your problem is that your mix is being compressed to fit onto the MD.

Buy yourself a proper sound card.

As far as compressing files is concerned... GOOGLE.

I think your problem is that your mix is being compressed to fit onto the MD.

the problem was that i recorded too loud initially. can you recommend any software to remove the annoying clicks?

it's probably not possible anyway after recording

my recordings techniques are quite primitive, i still have to record on to mini disc then go record that onto a mates laptop. and basically, i recorded to loud from the mixer to mini disc and there are clicks when there's a hard thump from a kick drum or on anything with a booming bass. so all i need to know is if there is any way of removing those little distortion clicks in audacity?

The clicks sound to me like the signal is clipping where your (line in)recording levels are way to high - thats why you are getting the popping sound.

You are better off recording through a soundcard as the converters are better for anologue to digital recording. You can also set the levels on the soundcard. What stylus and cartridges do you use? They may be worn or not great for recording??

Alternatively - try wavelab instead of audacity.

The clicks sound to me like the signal is clipping where your (line in)recording levels are way to high - thats why you are getting the popping sound.

You are better off recording through a soundcard as the converters are better for anologue to digital recording. You can also set the levels on the soundcard. What stylus and cartridges do you use? They may be worn or not great for recording??

Alternatively - try wavelab instead of audacity.

i know i recorded way too loud, i just wanted to know if i could erase the clicks, which i may be able to do.

it's just the tightest mix i recorded in a while and i would've chucked up here if i hadn't fucked up the recording. it was one of those days when every mix i tried came off. after my mix i felt like the best dj in the world but i should have known i'd have fucked something up somewhere, sods law says i'll never post a perfect mix*

Back
Top Bottom