Small audacity problem..

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Kibon, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Kibon

Kibon Blaze It Down !

I searched around a bit but couldn't find anything about my problem .. but the problem is that when I record a mix with audacity the quality is really shitty, there is no bass in and the treble hurts my ears.. I know I have to fix this with the effects but i'm not able to use the effects I downloaded (even the ones recomended by the audacity site) when I click on "effects" , I can see the effects but I can't click on them.. any suggestions ?

2. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Right,

I assume you're on windows and you are half way intelligent as you have actually managed to put a post on a forum, which isn't general so my advice is:

uninstall Audacity. Download Adobe Audition install and your life will become atleast 50% better.

If you're Maccin' out I'd recommend using logic or ableton.

If you're a stubborn mother f, I'd suggest you check your levels and rerecord.

3. Kibon

Kibon Blaze It Down !

Yes , I'm on windows so I guess I'm going to try out adobe audition and hope my life will become 50% better , lol ..

Thanks for the help !

4. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

its a levels issue...you need to change the input record level lower and then EQ it before saving...

audacity is fine...its not the tools...its how you use em!!