Smack My Bitch Up(TC Remix)

mesh said:
you cannot seriously believe Pendulum created dubplate culture. I cant laugh hard enuff at that man. 3 guys from Perth what an achievement.

Haha, innit. I mean Andy C and Roni Size have been doing it for eons. I remember Andy C playing Evolution MIST Remix in 2002 and it not getting released until the Screamer EP in 2004.
But its all Pendlims' fault, rah rah. :teeth:

Indi said:
Haha, innit. I mean Andy C and Roni Size have been doing it for eons. I remember Andy C playing Evolution MIST Remix in 2002 and it not getting released until the Screamer EP in 2004.
But its all Pendlims' fault, rah rah. :teeth:

yer its their fackin fault, thats what. Andy C, I knew that cunt was no good for the scene, makin people wanna buy tunes.

I think this is a discussion we need to have though, as there are some fine lines and near-conbtradictions in the proper etiquette, aprticularly now the net has made sharing and replication of these tunes so much easier.

When I hear general discussion about piracy, I generally think 'fuck em, they been rippin us for years and its time the system changed to make it fairer on the consumer'. If shitloads of piracy is what it takes to propel change amongst the majors distribution system then good.

But I'm quite protective of this scene, which is different. Our artists need to get paid cause there arent majors willing to spend on dnb like other genres. If someone wants to build up anticipation of a release by having a dub for ages, then who the fuck am I to say they have to release it.

It also comes down to economics, a small dnb label cant afford to market and prodcue a release very often, no matter how many artists/dubs they have in the bag.

I also think we are a generation that is getting very used to having good shit, on demand, right now, and for free thank you very much. Spoiled.
Rarity also becomes redundant when digital copies come into it, hence the fetish for 'real' editions and picture discs.

Just some of my thoughts, unordered.

mesh said:
I also think we are a generation that is getting very used to having good shit, on demand, right now, and for free thank you very much. Spoiled.
Rarity also becomes redundant when digital copies come into it, hence the fetish for 'real' editions and picture discs.

:word:

quit the fucking bitching and moaning. some of you act as if these djs owe you their lives. WHY??

mesh said:
But I'm quite protective of this scene, which is different. Our artists need to get paid cause there arent majors willing to spend on dnb like other genres. If someone wants to build up anticipation of a release by having a dub for ages, then who the fuck am I to say they have to release it.

and i completely agree with this statement, too. it's the way it works, the way it always has done. in my opinion, it's part of the fun. if you don't like it, go and listen to the fucking top 40 and pop into hmv for your westlife single on the way home.

if Andy C had all the same tunes as the bloke next door..u wouldnt be so fussed to see him now would ya. Also a dub is a way of gauging reaction and creating a buzz for a track.
I wish i could get hold of the dubs but I ain't gonna cheat, cos if I got caught that would mean no more plays at all as most promoters don't want to piss of the names on da scene...oh yeah and you are all WONDERFUL LUVERLY FLUFFY SHINY PEOPLE ( more insulting than the truth heh heh ) :rockposse :rockposse :kermit: :bounce:

Dubs are one of the best bits about D&B, sparkling new pieces of music you will (or should) only hear when your having it on the dance floor.

Mind you, some labels needs to sort there shit out when it comes to releasing tracks. Im sure if the Undiluted album for example had been released earlier (It came out early this year, with tunes on it already been caned on dub for 1year+) it would have sold more copies cos of the buzz created by the dubs.

If tunes r played on dubplate for too long then sometimes I can't be fucked to buy it cos I've already heard it so much!

However then u get the muppet bedroom DJs who slip on soulseek, leech all the new tunes and pretend to be the mastah with their spankin new dubs when in reality they should start at the bottom first!

People who don't pay for their tunes need to have a large object shoved up their ring piece to teach them a lesson.

At the end of the day - tunes cost (MP3) 99p - £1.50 so just support the music that you love and pay for the fucking tunes.

DarkMatter said:
Does any7one know where i can buy this remix?
Unreleased at the moment, I remember TC (from a post on another forum) was thinking about putting out a white label, don't know if it's still happening though.

Back
Top Bottom