Smack My Bitch Up(TC Remix)

Saq

uh...
dunno if this was posted before,but i heard it is very rare

*Link removed*

thanks to HackenAlien

Last edited by a moderator:
It has to be said all the people downloading their tunes instead of buying them is killikng the scene... keep doing it and you'll see less and less new labels cos wheras they used to do about 2000 units back in 1994, they are lucky to do 400-500.

Big labels used to touch ( on a good day ) 10,000 units now 2000 units is 'doing well'....

so if you really love your music, BUY the FUCKING TUNE

you might get an unpleasent surprise if somebody from that label catches you playing their dubs without their consent....BIG TIME SHIT trust me. After all if someone came into your yard and stole your TV right in front of you, unless your a complete pussy you'd have something to say about it. And that is what you are doing each time you download a dub from a website. :ban:

Truesay stan. mind you sales are going down also cos you got a lot more people using cd decks nowdays and the majority of these people DO download illegal dubs for FREE. which is quite annoying and a bit unfair to the industry and us vinyl pushers.

Its the priniciple of the matter

Still TC's work, and every producer on the circuit has ERR sampled something royalty free, but still put in hours of time...and ERR downloading is err still err killing the errrrr scene errrr OK or should that be mkay mkay:

Also didn't prodigy get eh idea of eth Ultramegnetic MC's in the 1st place ?

Annndd it might get released on a white label ?

How would u feel if you put enuff time into a track only to find it was being cained on downloaded copies b4 u even got it signed ?? I reckon u'd b pretty arsed off.

Last edited:
Stedfast said:
Its the priniciple of the matter

Still TC's work, and every producer on the circuit has ERR sampled something royalty free, but still put in hours of time...and ERR downloading is err still err killing the errrrr scene errrr OK or should that be mkay mkay:

Also didn't prodigy get eh idea of eth Ultramegnetic MC's in the 1st place ?

How would u feel if you put enuff time into a track only to find it was being cained on downloaded copies b4 u even got it signed ?? I reckon u'd b pretty arsed off.

a)i thought we were talking about links to streams/low quality mp3s not full 320s being leaked/shared or whatever.

b)prodigy cleared aforementioned sample (thats a whole diff. conversation thought!)

c) if i was a producer i'd be fucking careful who i give my dubs to in this day and age. i wouldn't give a shit about someone posting a low quality chunk of my tune snipped from a recorded mix however.

d) i pay for my drum and bass.

mmkay?

ed fiasco said:
err, but it's not being released is it?
I did read that TC was thinking about putting it out himself, don't know if that's still happening or not though.

Regardless, I'm sure he'd be upset if he knew dnbforum was allowing links to full copies of his tunes.

Stedfast said:

So if you want to hear this unauthorised remix of the prodigy's music, do the decent thing, and wait for the illicit white label bootleg, so TC can get his $$$.

There's a strong, if slightly confused, moral code to be followed in the D&B scene.

Stedfast said:
It has to be said all the people downloading their tunes instead of buying them is killikng the scene... keep doing it and you'll see less and less new labels cos wheras they used to do about 2000 units back in 1994, they are lucky to do 400-500.

Big labels used to touch ( on a good day ) 10,000 units now 2000 units is 'doing well'....

so if you really love your music, BUY the FUCKING TUNE

you might get an unpleasent surprise if somebody from that label catches you playing their dubs without their consent....BIG TIME SHIT trust me. After all if someone came into your yard and stole your TV right in front of you, unless your a complete pussy you'd have something to say about it. And that is what you are doing each time you download a dub from a website. :ban:

BIG BIG BIG WORDS FROM THE STED!!!!
I wanna copy an post to the WORLD!!!!
Being a label owner if i found my dubs on a website i would be well pissed off, i mean dubs are a special thing that make a night special, you know that, "WOAH whats this tune!!!" feeling!!!
If we all had dubs they wouldn't be a dub!!!!

A tad bit off topic mainly cause this was a rant i had ages ago about pc mixin but i bring up fair points about dubs!
i understand, being a producer u need to get payed sumway!? but if u give your tunes out and then find out there on slsk its your own fault if u dont want them out dont give em to ppl! if you are a producer than you should be fully aware that there are ppl out there lookin to get a 320 mp3 of a tune thats not out on vinyl(/wont eva come out)!

btw to hedz out there who are confused a dub is a tune that wont come out on vinyl or was due to come out and got delayed. simple as

heres the rant:

ok as far as im concerned dubs or no dubs pc mixing is sick, its the best way to make a cd full of mixes you like and blaze them in your car, as for the dubs, you should be allowed to play watever you like in the dnb scene wat happend to the days where tunes came out a few weeks after u heard them, nowadays it takes alot longer? why?! ide say its pendulums fault but im not gona blame any1 i appreciate the music they've brought to the scene but to be honest if i never heard that essentials mix on kiss i would never of wanted to get babylon rising, robots, vault vip, steppin stones loads of dubs on that mix that still havent come out! Why is it they can play em out litrally (29/6/05) MONTHS AND MONTHS nearly years before it comes out! its unfair! Ive got hold of them through friends and producers etc so i should be allowed to personally do mixes with them its not like u can get away with cutting them to dub from an mp3 (£40- rip off) why not wait till it come out orrrrrrr make a pc mix!!!!
For big name artist like fresh and pendulum etc there in the money already they also wont be losing any money cause i still will be buyin the dub wen it gets released infact if i didnt do the mixes for my mates an stuff they wouldnt buy the vinyl wen it comes out so im actually helpin them out more than they already need!?!?!? (WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: )
As for the other dubs from artist not so well known (high rankin) im friends with high rankin (will) so in this case i got permission plus i gave credit to him, other upcomin producers should state whether or not they want there tunes played out before release 99% of them will reply yes for publicity sake! im gettin fed up with these idiots lookin into the illegal dubs side wen for starters its not technically illegal if nearly all the top dj's have em!

I like mixing dubs, and if i got em ill use em cause it keeps your mixes fresh its unfair that andy can get away with it and other dj's can thats a piss take im 100times better than any dj (using decks) on a pc!

No1 is losing money in this process! i cant stress it enough ppl wont say oh i have it on mp3 SO no need to buy it on vinyl! piss off all the TRUE dj's know its better to have it on vinyl! no-one wants to be known as a cd-j!

p.s
i download dubs by chattin to producers who like to share there work wiv me, and want to hear there tunes in a mix..........some1 explain how this is illegal?

Sphinx187 said:
p.s
i download dubs by chattin to producers who like to share there work wiv me, and want to hear there tunes in a mix..........some1 explain how this is illegal?

Im slightly confused by this statement.
If the producer of the track or label owner has sent you the track then it isnt illegal. So long as theyre happy for you to do so your free to play it where and when you like

Sphinx187 said:
btw to hedz out there who are confused a dub is a tune that wont come out on vinyl or was due to come out and got delayed. simple as

i'm confuzzled by this statement. Sammy google the word dubplate please :teeth:

Sphinx187 said:
..... , as for the dubs, you should be allowed to play watever you like in the dnb scene wat happend to the days where tunes came out a few weeks after u heard them, nowadays it takes alot longer? why?! ide say its pendulums fault but im not gona blame any1 i appreciate the music they've brought to the scene but to be honest if i never heard that essentials mix on kiss i would never of wanted to get babylon rising, robots, vault vip, steppin stones loads of dubs on that mix that still havent come out! Why is it they can play em out litrally (29/6/05) MONTHS AND MONTHS nearly years before it comes out! its unfair!

you cannot seriously believe Pendulum created dubplate culture. I cant laugh hard enuff at that man. 3 guys from Perth what an achievement.

and the reason they can play them months and months before is because they either created the tune with their own hard work, or were given permission to play it by the person who did. Its about respect.

I dont think its a perfect system but I do understand it. The fact that hearing Pendetta's essential mix stimulated demand for those tunes is only part of the answer.

Back
Top Bottom