Slippery Slopes - I just don't get it?!

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Alright, I bought slippery slopes on vinyl becuase of nasty breaks on the other side.

Even after hearing it on countless sets, I still don't understand why its such a big tune.

Clipz for me is very hit and miss, example:

Number 1 - Big anthem
Offline - Deffo a good tune

Supersounds RMX - Clowstep for 3 yr olds
Hand Grenade RMX - Ruins a good song with that stupid synth flute.

Sorry if I'm annoying any hardcore clipz fans, and if so, please enlighten me

ah man, hand grenade mix was and is catchy as fuck.
slippery slopes is pretty decent.

thing i find with most clipz tunes, is that they're really good for using as teases. because they normally always have some nice high melody running through, and a nice bit of wobbly deep bass. i rarely every proper drop one of his tunes. nearly always tease them in.

but there you go.

Hahaha, I was just writing that Slippery Slopes is quite good compared to some modern stuff - while it was slammed back in the day for being rubbish.

You don't hear Slippery Slopes much any more and Clipz has definitely been eclipsed by new stars like TC or Hazard.

i duno man, i'd say clipz is up there with hazard and tc. they're all pretty level pegging imo....
he's definatly a better dj too.

ah man, hand grenade mix was and is catchy as fuck.

Just like HIV lol,

i'm joking but I heard the original first and prefer that, and it didn't help having that flute running in my head for weeks on end lol but I spose thats what clipz could have been meanin to do

his production is top notch though.
i liked slippery slopes back then..but i used to turn the sub right up so you could hear just the drums and bass really...its one of those tunes that can double drop with anything

Slippery Slopes was one of the first tunes that caught my attention when I started looking into DnB, it's a very catchy song... I can't stand it now though, heard it way too many times and I'm not really into that style of DnB anymore.

slippery slopes, cocoa, hand grenade all very simple yet effective tunes... much better imo than some of his newer stuff (offline, ugly , loud and dirty, download etc...)

Clipz Tunes = Marmite
You either love em or ya hate em...

I like most of his tunes, including Slippery Slopes, even though I aint played it for a while... I dont like New Generation, Download and Rubbish - their all wank...

Clipz Tunes = Marmite
You either love em or ya hate em...

I like most of his tunes, including Slippery Slopes, even though I aint played it for a while... I dont like New Generation, Download and Rubbish - their all wank...

i dont love him or hate him.
i like some of his tunes..thats it really

I like his tunes, supersounds good tune im always playing that. I like jump up. Just wondering has there been Slippery Slopes VIP?

clipz is big when you hear a brand new track by him, but by the time the release comes round, its a dead tune. well overplayed and gets slightly annoying. still love some of his stuff though

Didnt Clipz make 'Tibetan Mist' under the alias Humanoid????

Now that is by far his best tune and one of my all time fav tunes!!!!

Back
Top Bottom