Slippery Slopes - I just don't get it?!

Nooooooo! Dont re-release Tibetan Mist!!!! Half of the fun of it is when someone drops it you know that its rare so it gives it an extra buzz. Im probably just saying that because Ive had it for ages. But I know if it gets re-pressed I will play it a lot less and will not brock out quite as hard when I hear it.

Nooooooo! Dont re-release Tibetan Mist!!!! Half of the fun of it is when someone drops it you know that its rare so it gives it an extra buzz. Im probably just saying that because Ive had it for ages. But I know if it gets re-pressed I will play it a lot less and will not brock out quite as hard when I hear it.

STFU!!!!! I need that track!!!!!! :teeth:

You play at any nights in manchester???

I was booked to play at that night in the Urbis building on friday with Randall, John B, Doc Scott and Taxman but the electricity blew in the second room so i never got to play. I think im playing at the music box fairly soon but not entirley sure.

Anyway back to the point. I fully understand you wanting that tune but even before I got a copy I didnt want it to be re-pressed cos thats part of the fun of te tune. Look at Ra, no-one gives a shit about that tune anymore now its been re-released. Also Tibetan Mist got riiinsed for ages and its just got its novelty back so a re-press would kill that AGAIN.

I was booked to play at that night in the Urbis building on friday with Randall, John B, Doc Scott and Taxman but the electricity blew in the second room so i never got to play. I think im playing at the music box fairly soon but not entirley sure.

Anyway back to the point. I fully understand you wanting that tune but even before I got a copy I didnt want it to be re-pressed cos thats part of the fun of te tune. Look at Ra, no-one gives a shit about that tune anymore now its been re-released. Also Tibetan Mist got riiinsed for ages and its just got its novelty back so a re-press would kill that AGAIN.

I do agree with what your saying but I want the tune soooooooooo bad... Tera how about a repress just for me :teeth:

What name you Dj under btw i'll look out for ya ;)

Last edited:

Whenever someone has a tune that is 'rare' (it won't be that rare as it got pressed in it's thousands) it's natural to want to keep it to themselves but a true lover of D&B would want everyone to be able to have a copy.

I used to be very clingy to any rare vinyl that I had but as I have got older I just want other people to be able to enoy these tunes as much as I did.

What name you Dj under btw i'll look out for ya ;)
I just DJ under the name Wobbie man. Are you goin warehouse on friday? Would be good to meet you.
Whenever someone has a tune that is 'rare' (it won't be that rare as it got pressed in it's thousands) it's natural to want to keep it to themselves but a true lover of D&B would want everyone to be able to have a copy.

I used to be very clingy to any rare vinyl that I had but as I have got older I just want other people to be able to enoy these tunes as much as I did.

Like I said, even before I had the tune I didnt want it to be re-pressed (the idea has been floating around for a while) Im not too fussed about being one of the few people with it. Its mainly that the undergroundness and rareness that has almost made that tune what it is would be trown in the shitter if it got re-pressed.

I just DJ under the name Wobbie man. Are you goin warehouse on friday? Would be good to meet you.

Like I said, even before I had the tune I didnt want it to be re-pressed (the idea has been floating around for a while) Im not too fussed about being one of the few people with it. Its mainly that the undergroundness and rareness that has almost made that tune what it is would be trown in the shitter if it got re-pressed.

I think alot of the new generation (no pun intended) of ravers need to reminded just what a talented producer Clipz is and that he can make many styles of drum & bass.

If you had just got into buying d&b over the past couple of years and frequent any of the big d&b forums you would think that Clipz was one of the worst producers out there, whereas no matter whether you actually like the style of Jump Up he has made famous, he is a really talented producer.

I know that he has been working on Ben Westbeech's album for the past year or so and it is absolutely stunning - and not a d&b tune in sight..

I think alot of the new generation (no pun intended) of ravers need to reminded just what a talented producer Clipz is and that he can make many styles of drum & bass.

If you had just got into buying d&b over the past couple of years and frequent any of the big d&b forums you would think that Clipz was one of the worst producers out there, whereas no matter whether you actually like the style of Jump Up he has made famous, he is a really talented producer.

I know that he has been working on Ben Westbeech's album for the past year or so and it is absolutely stunning - and not a d&b tune in sight..

:word: everyone just loves jumping on the CLipz hate-bandwagon and going 'Yeh all Clipz tunes sound like they polyphonic ringtones!'. shutup.

hmm i wouldnt say he can make many styles of drum & bass......sub focus...yeh...chase & status....yeh....etc etc...clipz...hmmm not so much.

sayin this i do own slippery slopes & more of his older stuff....but his new stuff js isnt as gd imo....

I might be going, gotta get a ticket sorted in the next few days... An I also gotta persuade one of my mates to come as none of them appreciate drum and bass as much as me.

hmm i wouldnt say he can make many styles of drum & bass......sub focus...yeh...chase & status....yeh....etc etc...clipz...hmmm not so much.

sayin this i do own slippery slopes & more of his older stuff....but his new stuff js isnt as gd imo....

I beg to differ my friend:

Check out:

Dreams of Delta on Quarantine & Tibetan Mist on New Vibe for a couple of deeper things.

He also did a wicked Hip Hop thing with Dynamite that still hasn't had a proper release which was really really good.

He has also just produced Ben Westbeech's new album, which i had the good fortune of hearing and it is amazing, proper music and not one D&B tune on there.

I agree about Chase & Status but as much as I like Subfocus, and as much as im looking forward to the album, every tune sounds like a Subfocus tune...

your all fools clipz is a vaired artist he went uni and if you read his bios he trys to variate his music, with different sounds. he is a real music producer unlike some who keep the same kinda sound throught all there songs. he aint the best but hes a damn good producer. Hype Hype Hype

Clipz is a good DJ. I heard a mix by him and was blown away by it.
As for his tunes. There are some I like and some I just don't.
Although when Hype teases/ double drops with hand grenade
rmx the place goes off without fail!

cocoa defo one of his best tunes! still rinse that up now and again, also loved hold tight. noone ever seems to talk about it but its got some nasssty arse bass's in it!

Back
Top Bottom