Slightly veteran...

System800

Hi guys, Just wanted to pop online as I've started making some new tunes. I was on Formation Records back in 1992/93 as Brainstorm Crew and Wise Ones on F-Project.. So a little before the DnB scene as we know it.

I've been making all sorts of beats over the years under various guises, including Hardcore Breaks (which was a bounce-back of the oldskool era).

More recently I've been feeling the DnB more and more... Particularly the summer vibes like the new DnB Arena Summer album, and stuff like it. So if anyone knows any DJ's around here that play that style, I wanna hear about them!

If my signature shows up, you should be able to listen to my latest stuff...

Nice to meet you all :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

The plastic men are coming!!

Indeed, there's a story behind that, I'd been on the scene since the end of the '80s (showing my age now lol), and there were so many people who always talked about that 'rave crap'. Then, in 1992 the scene exploded, all and sundry were on it, including those very people that were dissing it in the years leading up to '92. We referred to those as 'Plastic Ravers' (ie. fakes). So I slipped my copy of Coldcut's Doctor in the House onto the deck, wired in the Amiga sampler and lifted the weird outro song, suggesting the plastic men were indeed coming... I did a couple of other tracks, we sent them off to Formation Records, etc etc...

I've released quite a lot of other stuff of various genres over the years, I was also on Street Sounds when they came back in 2009 (some of you might remember the old Electro series in the '80s, I was into all that as a kid). But I can't help feeling the DnB, it's all I listen to in the car.

Anyway, I just made a page up on Facebook, if anyone's interested... There's just the one track up at the moment, sort of a summer vibe, but there will be plenty more to follow, keep your ear to the ground...

http://www.facebook.com/System800

The plastic men are coming!!

I did reply to this, told the story of how that track came to be and the thought behind it all, and other labels I've worked with etc. I also thanked everyone for the warm welcome. I really don't fancy retyping the whole thing now...

After reading the forum rules, I think the reason my post went missing was because I linked my facebook artist page at the bottom of my post. Seems there's a strict rule here not to allow artists to post links to their music... This is a real shame, as I'm sure there's lots of new artists who would love to get their music heard and reviewed, especially with this being a music forum. On that note, Where do artists go to post links to their music, artist pages, etc. ?

Anyway, thanks once again to everyone for the warm welcome...

After reading the forum rules, I think the reason my post went missing was because I linked my facebook artist page at the bottom of my post. Seems there's a strict rule here not to allow artists to post links to their music... This is a real shame, as I'm sure there's lots of new artists who would love to get their music heard and reviewed, especially with this being a music forum. On that note, Where do artists go to post links to their music, artist pages, etc. ?

welcome mate!

your first few posts (up to a certain amount) will need a moderators approval if it contains a link. once you have posted enough then you will be able to post links without a moderators approval, its part of the protection against spam bots!

if it wont allow you to link it as a complete URL or if it says that moderators approval is needed,
then break up the url like this: face book . com/ blahblahblah and then repost it

bit of a pain i know!

Back
Top Bottom