Slammin Vinyl NYE

WARDY

DNBMASSIVE.CO.UK
oh my gosh........
who went 2 dis then??

its was amazing. the best night i ever had.

andy c bringin in the new year.... amazing set.
mampi swift......... oh my!!! amazing set.

i was in the middle of a bit ruck... gotta get the tape pack for commentry on that. amazing.

couldn't be arsed to spend time with my mates.. so i fuct off by myself talkin to everybody. thats the good thing bout the sanctury.. good crowd.

spent half the time in the old skool room aswell. amazing.

saw ratpack in the hardcore room.. lords of the dance... amazing.

did i mention it was amazing???

who else went???

the only bitch about it was i broke my camera, and the photos i did takei saved them at really shit quality so, the look all squarey... shame. check whats left of em out at my site. hopefully you know it by now. to save on the 'spam' arguements i won't mention it.

Heard good and bad reports about this night. Pretty badly organised by the sounds of things. Apparently they had to turn the music off for half an hour to stop people overheating? Bit of a joke if you ask me.

Well i went with about 15 people, had to wait for 2 hours in the freezing cold to be greeted by a small tent with people in florecent jackets who hadn't a clue how to organise anything and few tables( which the guy made me empty all my coins and crap out of my pockets then was told by another member of security to just let me through so it took even longer to get all the money back in my pockets cos my hands were froze, - a complete farce

after we got in, it was great, my mates said the hard house room had a small power cut and the old skool tent just lost sound halfway through the night oh well the dnb was amazing and thats all i cared about :cool:

Bishman82 said:
Well i went with about 15 people, had to wait for 2 hours in the freezing cold to be greeted by a small tent with people in florecent jackets who hadn't a clue how to organise anything and few tables( which the guy made me empty all my coins and crap out of my pockets then was told by another member of security to just let me through so it took even longer to get all the money back in my pockets cos my hands were froze, - a complete farce

after we got in, it was great, my mates said the hard house room had a small power cut and the old skool tent just lost sound halfway through the night oh well the dnb was amazing and thats all i cared about :cool:
Hah! This thread was for last year's Slammin, not this years :)

yea me and the lads i went with got there about 8:30 and went straight in as we were on the guest list, i heard about summit like 2000 odd people being turned away and they caused a riot or summit, but not too sure about that, still feeling a bit rough from it but i loved every minute of it, althou considering it was meant for 8000 ravers, there blatently wasnt enough toilet facilities.
That was my first real rave ive been to and i can say its definatly encouraged me to goto more!!
Andy C definatly got the crowd going at midnite!!

Superb nite!! wish i took my camera now coz i can only remember clips of the nite lol

Happy new year

Soundsystem in the main arena was Poor! Ceiling-mounted speaker suck imo!

I checked Andy Cs usual sickness then spent the rest of the night upstairs in the ATM room. Pendulum were superb - Man, can El Hornet mix!!!!, but no CDJ meant some of the big-ones I was expecting didnt come out (Tonite/Minds Eye) Shame on ATM for that! Garry K bought his own one along lol!

FutureBound was heavy, Baron was on top form, shame bout the mc though! He ran outta chats after an hour.

Wicked nite overal, still feel jaded now! Clash of the Titans Next year though, or a London-based venue for sure.

1 tune that i heard so many times in the main arena was ram trilogy - screamers, that just seemed to be the 1 tune that got the crowd going, me included, theres just something about the sample they use in that, anyone actually managed to make sense of it.
My mate reckons that a part of it is "we love e's" ;)
ive yet to even try and make sense of it lol, what do you peeps think?

hey!! went 2 slammin' vinyl, thought it was amazing. One thing thats been irritating me the most though was this one tune they played a few times, it was this tune that had this guy saying something like 'WE ARE ONE' quite trippy. I cant really remember much but that tune was really crazy and i need someone to tell me wat it is before i go crazy..or more than i already am!!! :confused: :miss_rep:

Last edited:
Tania said:
hey!! went 2 slammin' vinyl, thought it was amazing. One thing thats been irritating me the most though was this one tune they played a few times, it was this tune that had this guy saying something like 'WE ARE ONE' quite trippy. I cant really remember much but that tune was really crazy and i need someone to tell me wat it is before i go crazy..or more than i already am!!! :confused: :miss_rep:
"We want your soul"?

ram trilogy - screamer??
hard to understand what vocals are in it, sounds like "we love e's" to me but still totally unsure, they played that quite a bit that nite, and it got the crowd going every time :)

This was my first Slamming Vinyl Event & have to say was very poorly organised. We arrived at 8.30pm & the queue was massive. We managed to blag are way to the front but still stood in the freezing cold for an hour. If expecting 10,000 people then surely you should put the man power & organisational skills in to cater for that many people, I mean there was a whole ear to sort it out!! The soundsystem in the main arena was really quiet as well like the whoodidklaww said, mounted speakers are pretty shady, they just don't seem to have the same impact as speakers on the ground. But on a better note The DJ's were quality, Brockie was on top form & so was Andy C. But Pendulum were awsome El Hornet definetly rocked it 2004 is going to be a very very good year for the boys from down under.

Just don't make em like they used to.....

I remember when slammin vinyl was the flagship rave, this years NYE was poor by along way.
Seems that since incorporating 1N, these parties just havent been the same. 2002 NYE was twice the party this was. i will only set foot in that place for the outdoor SV in aug.
Oh yeah, thanx alot to the doorstaff who made me miss my man eks :sniper:

:wtf:

(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n)

ATOMiC-UK said:
1 tune that i heard so many times in the main arena was ram trilogy - screamers, that just seemed to be the 1 tune that got the crowd going, me included, theres just something about the sample they use in that, anyone actually managed to make sense of it.

iv wondered about that. somthin about 'do you know i need (i need, i need) looooooooooooooooove'. or somethin like that. nice n trippy vocals under the rite circumstances tho :)

Re: Just don't make em like they used to.....

emcee3d said:
I remember when slammin vinyl was the flagship rave, this years NYE was poor by along way.
Seems that since incorporating 1N, these parties just havent been the same. 2002 NYE was twice the party this was. i will only set foot in that place for the outdoor SV in aug.
Oh yeah, thanx alot to the doorstaff who made me miss my man eks :sniper:

:wtf:

(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n)
??
i thought the whole 'incorporating one nation' thing was a bit of a farce.
one nation's now just slammin under another name. theres nothing to differentiate the 2 now, it's just a way for them to put on more raves.
did they ever collaborate before terry sold it? i think not.
slammin have got a fuckin monopoly. and even the raves are shit.

:bitter:

Slammin' Vinyl have released the following statement concerning their recent New Years Eve event.

SV HQ said:
What should have been one of the greatest events of 2003 turned out to be one of the Hardest events we have ever done.

Of the 8,500 of you that arrived we are confident that 7,500 of you would have loved every minute of the event.

However we cannot apologise enough for the 600 of you that were still left outside at 12:00 onwards.

Add that to possibly the coldest rain ever to come down combined with no crowd management must have made waiting in the queue sheer hell.

We feel that we cannot keep passing the blame onto the venue, but the Sanctuary were fully aware of how many people were arriving and should have had adequate
security both in search and crowd management. Provision of security is a venue issue.

It is more than apparent to us now that while the Sanctuary can cope with single events and doubles, they do not have the organisation to run anything bigger than that.

We will therefore be booking new venues for the later part of this year which are larger and more capable of entertaining bigger crowds.

For those of you that had problems then please email them to mailorder@slamminvinyl.co.uk as we want to make our case to the Sanctuary as strong as possible. We are on your side.

Once again we apologise to those of you that had a poor time and we will do all we can about it as we always have done in the past. But thanks to all of you for attending and we hope that the majority, at least, had a great NYE.
:gaywhite:

ATOMiC-UK said:
it goes
"dj andy c,
ooh this woman this woman.
ooh you know i need, i need
looooooove!

Back
Top Bottom