SLAMMIN VINYL N.E.C??????????????

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by liamwolves, Jan 1, 2010.

1. liamwolves

liamwolves New Member

To be honest when i got there i had my doubts, but that was one of the best raves iv been to!!!!!!!!
    REVIEWS?????????????????????????

2. lhunter034

lhunter034 New Member

this was the first big rave I'd been to, the dnb arena killed it. such a variety of tunes and had a good vibe in there all night

3. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Thread needz more questionmarks!!!!!!!!!!!

4. MelonFarmer

MelonFarmer Member

went to the nec nye 2005-2006 and that was outstanding. what was the line up this/last year?

5. thegeneral

thegeneral Member

devize was good as was friction and nicky b. sly destroyed the speakers nearly. dispointed that hazard didn't show. raveology done well though couldn't knock the sound. was pissed that i had to wait 4 hours for atrain and my mates got a lift at half 4 bastards.

6. thegeneral

thegeneral Member

went to see kenny ken in old skool he rinsed out

7. Sword

Sword New Member

got dragged up there instead of goin inno, didn't think too much of it, system was alrite tho but friction on at 5am!!! surely not! and i no it was raveology but it was all sdc after andy till like 4am with juiceman bassman and biggie on stage throughout prime time which killed the vibes for me, but nicky b and friction saved the night in the end , good sets from andy and sly too

8. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

just watched a youtube vid of andy's midnight mix, messiah >>> babylon :lol: andy is a fuckin badman, wish i'd gone to this now

9. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

haha i wish i could be bothered to find the other thread and quote myself back.

i knew that would happen and there is no way i would spend that much money to go see those muppets

10. harrybizzle

harrybizzle Flyin Squad/Team Overload

this rave werent great like most nye events. started off good but then the sound system died off after andy c. blackmarket set towards the end was decent..bought a bit of life back to the arena

11. cider ears

cider ears New Member

They didnt sell enough tickets so the arenas were massively reduced in size. DnB room was tiny compared to previous years and the hardcore main arena was halved in size. Sound system died after Andy C due to sound restrictions.

So, what bout the 'all new lg arena and rooms'?? Well load of shit to bed honest. The old dnb room was a vast warehouse, now its been built in and things added so its alot more narrow and coz of turnstiles are the bottom, i cant see it gettin much bigger.

Good night tho but i agree, SDC spoilt the prime time

12. thedjnifty

thedjnifty Well-Known Member

That sounds weaaaaak

13. Run a dub

Run a dub Member

Went to this last year, wicked nite only prob was the sound system was too bassy, very hard to make out a lot of tunes. Was planning on hitting it again but decided on detonate instead, sounds like made the rite choice.

14. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

I swear bassman and the boys allways kill the vibes in Brum. He even made an appearence at Hospitality when I went in October! Joker

15. liamwolves

liamwolves New Member

The system was sik all night man..... the only time it went a bit shit was wen high contrast cum on and ther was no mc for a while!! I do agree about sdc tho killin the vibe off a bit but trigga and nutcracka smashed up the place for the hour they was on wiv sly tearing the whole room up wiv his evil tunes!!! But the system was on form!!!!

16. thegeneral

thegeneral Member

i hate to tell you this but no noise restrictions its in the middle of no where its just rubbish engineering. levels improved 4 eks and skiba no coincidence at all there

17. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

M8 i was speaking to the sound engineer bout turning it back up and he said he cant coz it was being monitored.

There is sound restrictions in the NEC. If you look on the NEC website under the terms of hire PDF it clearly states this. Theres sound restrictions where ever people intend to 'rest' ie: the hotels around the NEC.

SDC did kill the vibe, i dont understand why they get booked. Im not a fan.

And Hazard n Devize swapped sets.

The 2 big NYE events both flopped anyhow, Pleasuredome pulled a small crowd as well and the promoter lost bout £50k

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  18. glen'da

glen'da New Member

Andy C's midnight set was phat!!!
    Wicked Night

19. Warringtonjack

Warringtonjack Member

the vibe died completely then skiba came just before end of nicky and killed it and filled everyone with energy, sdc was on for to long, and i swear i heard grooverider fuckin up loads and just not mixin well at all

20. thegeneral

thegeneral Member

rider was weak went to see kenny instead. was hazard there i must have compltely missed him to be honest it weren't worth the money. was quoting the flyer it said on that no noise restricitons lying cunts i swear slammin vinyl ain't the same as it used to be