Slammin' Outdoor Stage 12Pack

cK

i want to play a game...
Picked this up yesterday, thought I'd drop a few notes:

DVD is absolutely heavy, props to Slammin on this one, though could've been a bit longer? (It's only 60 minutes, and covers 3 'arenas'!). Can't complain when it's with the pack, though I would've probably bought the DVD seperately if it was available, for the following reasons.

The bonus CD (Grooverider and MC Skibadee from November 2000) is wack. Seriously, quality is awful, mixing is pots and pans, MCing is too loud and sounds compressed against the music, and the channels keep drifting and cutting out on one speaker. Sounds like a shoddy tape rip, why bother with that Slammin'. :tut:

Have just started listening to the actual tapes, and the first one which I've just about finished playing is recorded FAR too loud (4 red lights on my deck), and thus sounds shit. Mixing has issues even though it's Zinc and Andy C (outdoor stage), I'm guessing the setup got shafted during the day at some point. :tosser:

I'm honestly gonna hope the rest are better, never used to be so shocking with tapepacks (even the last Slammin' NYE all the good sets were wicked quality, good enough to rip, noise reduce and compare to CDs!).

Moaning over, anyone else bought this and have any thoughts? I'm so glad it had the DVD. :)

DJ cK said:
The bonus CD (Grooverider and MC Skibadee from November 2000) is wack. Seriously, quality is awful, mixing is pots and pans, MCing is too loud and sounds compressed against the music, and the channels keep drifting and cutting out on one speaker. Sounds like a shoddy tape rip, why bother with that Slammin'. :tut:

yeah i've got that grooverider set on tape and it's not very good quality on there, you'd thought they'd put tape packs on mindisc or something or record them not using a dictaphone.

Back
Top Bottom