Skydiver breaks the speed of sound

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
maybe.. how does he know he was doing the speed of sound if there is no sound in space?

speed is relative.

maybe.

Psychoholic

Quantum Cunt
VIP Junglist
He went 1170 km/h max sound barrier is 1225 km/h fucker didn't break no sound barrier , that first off all. Second of all he was in the stratosphere that isn't even near out of space yet.

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
He went 1170 km/h max sound barrier is 1225 km/h fucker didn't break no sound barrier , that first off all. Second of all he was in the stratosphere that isn't even near out of space yet.
Sound barrier is different at different altitudes. It varries on air temperature and air density. The higher you are the less dense... the lower the speed of sound. etc etc etc.

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
The speed of sound depends on the temperature and density I believe.
If my brain serves me rightly the speed of sound is 1130 ft per sec (not sure in MPH) at 72 degrees fahrenheit. With every 1 degree increase the speed increases by 1.1 ft per sec.
Elasticity of molecules is important as well I can't remember how that is affected. I think that just determines the distance a soundwave can travel.

Psychoholic

Quantum Cunt
VIP Junglist
The speed of sound depends on the temperature and density I believe.
If my brain serves me rightly the speed of sound is 1130 ft per sec (not sure in MPH) at 72 degrees fahrenheit. With every 1 degree increase the speed increases by 1.1 ft per sec.
Elasticity of molecules is important as well I can't remember how that is affected. I think that just determines the distance a soundwave can travel.
True my comment was not sufficient, I should have said speed of sound at sea level he aimed on breaking that (~330m/s), what I do not understand is that every moron could have calculated what speed he would achieve so why did he even bother trying.

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Yeh thats pretty fukin nuts!! pretty much sat on a canvas sheet in some shabby capsule.... untill he got high enough.... then jumped in little more than a flame/cold resistant boiler suit and 1960's parachute.... FUCCCCKKK THAT!! crazy fucker!