DnB Skwiffer - Some Favourites from 2012

skwiffer

VIP Junglist
Hello,

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Shame about the rain, but it was a nice end to a pretty strange year. Anyway, I got some of my favourite tunes from this past year and tried to do a mix with them. Hope you like it and any feedback is great. Good or bad.

Happy new year!

Cheers to any listeners

Dawn Day Night - Alcoholic Dance Floor - Astrophonica
Stray - The Pursuit - Warm Communications
Theory - Final Confrontation - Translation
Break, Fields. Mako & Villem - Dilligence - Utopia Music
Data - Sentinel - Blackout
Spectrasoul - Light in the Dark - Shogun Audio
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St Clair - Critical
Phil Tangent - Restitution - Soul:R
8 Bits & Q Project - Low End Theory - CIA
Die & Break - Grand Funk HUstle - Digital Soundby
Arp X & Maurs - Keep Your Head High - IM@Ltd
Villem - Acouphènes - Ingredients
Chroma - So Alone - ProgRam
Dub Phizix - Never Been feat. Fox - Critical
Xtrah - Soundclash - Critical
Enei - 2012 feat. Eastcolours - Critical
Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix) - Metalheadz
Enei - Machines - Critical
Fracture - Get Busy feat. Dawn Day Night - Exit
Mampi Swift - Gangster - Charge Recordings
Break - Slipstream - CIA
Enei - Runnin feat. Georgia Yates - Critical
Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie - Shogun Audio (apologies for the mixing here. I got distracted)
Phil Tangent - Squaring the Circle - Soul"R
Eveson - Time Flows By - V Records

http://soundcloud.com/olly-skwiffer/skwiffer-christmas-2012

http://soundcloud.com/olly-skwiffer/skwiffer-christmas-2012/download

Last edited:
Cheers Stu. I had a good one. Best haul of presents I've had in years (perks of having a girlfriend :P). It's not over, yet, though. Christmas Round 3 today! Hope you had a good one too and apologies in advance for the mistakes in the mix...

Cheers Stu. I had a good one. Best haul of presents I've had in years (perks of having a girlfriend :P). It's not over, yet, though. Christmas Round 3 today! Hope you had a good one too and apologies in advance for the mistakes in the mix...

bang on. got a shitload of old records for christmas from my missus, so grateful she knows her dnb :D

big ups.

managed to listened it all the way through and i quite liked it. maybe i'll rinse it some day again. also, some great tunes i've missed, so i was adding at least 3-4 tunes to my discogs wantlist - especially that arp x tune. liked the first part more - the selection and mixing was strong. nice flow of some future jungle and the like. ;)

This is a big mix! Loved the progression all the way through, everything worked rather well. I think you've really nailed the opening mix, Light In The Dark into Sentinel was another big mix in there, liked how you've let Sentinel roll out on top of LITD for a while. Need to bag Keep Your Head High, such a tune! The part from So Alone up to 2012 has to be my favourite in there, deep vibes all around, especially the mix into Never Been, well thought of that one! :) And since Slipstream up to the very end it's just wicked, exactly hit the spot for me as this is the vibe I'm on lately. On the look out for anything that's coming up next as usual :)

Last edited:
excellent stuff skwif! the opening 8 or so tracks were very well mixed gotta say, considering the variety in there, sentinel > light in the dark was very big. everything was just so tight, can't fault it at all. tracklist is a very nice roundup of the year i'd say, good to see final confrontation and time flows by in there

happy new year geez!

yes skwiffy this was decent!!

glad your honest about the blip towards the end...

some quality bits in here...tune selection was spot on. Loved that your played head up high. absolutely love it.

fav bit was

8 Bits & Q Project - Low End Theory
Die & Break - Grand Funk Hustle
Arp X & Maurs - Keep Your Head High
Villem - Acouphènes
Chroma - So Alone

Just all round quality tbh. Love all the tunes. Mixing was good through this bit of the mix.

EQ's have certainly improved since your last mix matey! Certainly digging this roundup of 2012...you have good taste! :2thumbs:

big ups.

Thank you for the feedback guys. Really happy you liked it :D Light In The Dark over Sentinel is definitely one of my favourite mixes of the year! I need to spread some rep around before I can give any of you guys some but big up and happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom