Skwiffer - March 2013 Mix (Berfday Build Up)

skwiffer

VIP Junglist
Hello hello,

I finally felt some inspiration while mixing this weekend (which was good!), so I recorded this and am pretty pleased with it. I'm having a little party for my birthday and am getting in the mood for it, so it's not a particularly deep selection of tunes, but there's a lot of energy in it. Hope you like it and please feel free to leave any feedback, good or bad!

Cheers

Grafix - Encore - Allsorts
Jubei - Patience VIP feat. dBridge - Metalheadz *tease*
dBridge vs AI - Odessa - Exit
Spectrasoul - Mimic - Subtitles *tease*
Calibre & High Contrast - Mr Majestik - Signature
Balderunner - Feel For You - Dread
High Contrast - Wish You Were Here (S.P.Y. Remix) - Hospital
Silent Witness & Survival - Apache feat. Matt Impact - Dispatch
Hybris - Please Exist - Metalheadz
Enei - Obsession feat. DRS (Foreign Concept Remix) - Critical
Gridlok - Here To Wherever - Hospital
Mutated Forms - Glory Days (Never Again) (Netsky Remix) - Allsorts
Liz-E - THe Last Time - Shogun Limited
Nu: Logic - Grizzly - Hospital
Dub Phizix - I'm a Creator feat. Skittles - Exit
Skeptical - Frozen - Commercial Suicide
Fracture - Get Busy feat. Dawn Day Night - Exit

Last edited:
Will download this soon mate, can I come to your party

Wheres my fkin invite! :teeth:

Road trip to bournemouth!

Cheers guys. Hope you like it. Invites must have gotten lost in the post. Not really. I just don't want you there :P

Get busy and frozen work so well together. Been busting out that mix for the last month or so. Never fails to go off

Yes mate. I enjoyed that mix. I held off from getting Frozen for a bit. Not sure why now. It's a beast! Cheers for listening :)

Big mix mate! Really enjoyed it...selection was bang on.

Apache >> Wish you were here was the highlight for me. Not heard that SPY remix before. Wicked!

Cheers mate. I was so pleased when those e two tunes came in together. It was a proper moment of wincing, waiting to see if it clang or not! Got your mix ready to listen to tomorrow. Big up!

Time for some feedback.

First of all this is definitely one of your best mixes you have posted, for me personally anyway. Your calibre mix hasn't left my ipod since you posted it either.

Enjoyed the opening mix/split with Patience VIP, love those drums. Next little split with Odessa And Mimic rolled nicely off each other. Devastated my copy of Mimic is unplayable.

Feel For You > Wish You Were Here SPY remix was swish as said before.

& the final mix was a cut above with Frozen > Get Busy. Struggling to mix Frozen myself, just end up switching it constantly so props for doing it justice.

Big ups mang. Looking forward to Exit (can't imagine how many times I will say this until it finally rolls around)

Time for some feedback.

First of all this is definitely one of your best mixes you have posted, for me personally anyway. Your calibre mix hasn't left my ipod since you posted it either.

Enjoyed the opening mix/split with Patience VIP, love those drums. Next little split with Odessa And Mimic rolled nicely off each other. Devastated my copy of Mimic is unplayable.

Feel For You > Wish You Were Here SPY remix was swish as said before.

& the final mix was a cut above with Frozen > Get Busy. Struggling to mix Frozen myself, just end up switching it constantly so props for doing it justice.

Big ups mang. Looking forward to Exit (can't imagine how many times I will say this until it finally rolls around)

Thanks for the feedback Herr Smith! I'm glad you liked it. I like doing party style mixes. I think I'm going to be doing those first few mixes quite a lot from now, as well. Was nice discovering them!

And yes. My excitement for Exit is growing a lot. Really can't wait!

Lets give this a whirl then.

The intro build nicely, even though I'm not a huge fan of Grafix or the breakbeaty drum structure. Patience vip made for a wicked tease. Came in a bit under the radar but was mixed on point with Encore + letting Patience vip roll a bit with Encores breakdown was a nice touch. Odessa eased in well & fit the feel of Encore a treat, before letting it drop on its own for full effect. Mimic already in without time to take a breath. The filthy bits in Mimic rolling well with the more jazzy high ends of Odessa. The unmistakeable flavours of a Calibre tune start to build where I like to hear them shortly into the second half of Odessa for Mr Majestik to flow into the mix, vocals from that & the previous tune bouncing nicely in & out of each other with no clashing. Vocals of Feel For You talk their way into the mix with the essence of Mr Majestik in right up to the drop, then coming back for some faint flavours 32 bars in or so was another nice touch, keeping that little side mix in for another 32 bars again. Twinkley notes of Wish You Were Here start to enter the ride, with the words of Feel For You still in. Both don't overpower each other, which keeps the mix feeling fresh & vibrant. Apache's entrance was a change to the mix, with its choppy structure really cutting things up a bit.

Please Exist was such a welcome arrival into the mix, as a friend has this & really started to feel the vibe a bit more compared to the first half of the mix. Love the way that tune ticks in & its long drawn out bassy bits. Liked the way Obsession rmx rolled up for the double drop with Please Exist. Here To Wherever eased in well for the double with Obsession rmx. Not heard that before, Best Served Cold vibes on that one & not something I would expect to hear from Gridlok. Like the dirty bass in that :) Piano notes pave the way for Glory Days rmx to build on its own, with chopped up steppy vibes from the drop. Enjoyed the way The Last Time came for the mix without letting the previous tune roll on its own for too long. Shuffly shakers flicker on the beats of The Last Time for some tribal like structure in Grizzly to come in. Epic horns announce more tribal business, setting the scene for I'm A Creator's bleeps to bounce not long before Skittles is in. Loved the way the half time bits of Grizzly fill in the structure in Creator :) then different flavours of Grizzly twist up Creator even more! Quality. Feint gasped vocals of Frozen ease into the tail end of Creator well to set up Get Busy, which is in for the 5th 32 bars from the drop. Where I would have brought it in & made for a wicked ending mix. The way the beats of Get Busy slid down the roll of Frozens beat structure was very nice. Get Busy cut on the end of the recording.

Fav bits in there were Grizzly - Creator, Frozen - Get Busy & Please Exist - Obsession rmx - Here To Wherever. Eq-ing was very good in this. Not completely sold on the selection, but did enjoy the bits mentioned + the other bits were a nice listen, just not my cuppa tea. Balderunner - bald runner :D

Also, what set up are you rocking? My money is on cdjs

Would appreciate if you can give us some feedback when my next project drops in a couple of weeks Skwiffer

Wow. Thanks for the feedback Watcha. Really appreciated! I'm glad you liked bits of it. I don't usually mix this kind of stuff, but do occasionally and I think I find it a bit easier to mix it. When I do mixes like this I try to find a balance between ones that would go down well with most people that I don't necessarily love, myself. Although, having said that, I've forked out the money for them and am trying to be a bit more discerning with how I spend my money, so I am a fan of all the tracks in there. I mix on 2 1200s and a 2 channel Pioneer mixer. i'm going to take it as a compliment that you thought I was on CDJs :P

Thanks again for the feedback mate. That's awesome! I'll be checking your mixes out. I've been on your soundcloud before, but don't think I've actually listened to anything yet. I keep trying to download & stream mixes at work, but the internet connection is so bad here that it slows everything down, so I can't get awaywith it that often, especially if someone else is trying to do the same thing!

Big up mate :D

Really good mix this dude
I dont know much about Graffix, not a bad tune though, sounded great with Patience, always like a lil tease, very high energy intro
Next mix was rolling, and Mimic came in and i love that track, just maybe the bass was up alil high, i think if it was more in the background it wouldnt have sounded so full on, but maybe thats just me - then the best part of the mix came :-
Mr Majestik >> Feel For You >> Wish You Were Here >> Apache >> Please Exist >> Obsession
thought that was sexual, blended well, equing was good, built up really well for the drops - like how you brough Majestik back in, that were interesting..
That Gridlock tune is mega !! might have to look into that, im well into those rising sorta bass sounds, i blame Link to the Past..
Grizzly >> Creator was f**king class, really really did it for me then that Frozen track was insane, not heard that.... over all really tasty mix dude

Wicked Danny! Thanks for listening and for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad it's going down well. I had my reservations about putting up a mix which might not be particularly deep, selection-wise, but I'm happy I did. Big up!

Back
Top Bottom