Skwiffer - Kerb Autumn 2012 Competition Entry

skwiffer

VIP Junglist
Hello again. I've done a mix for the Kerb Clothing competition. This is the first mix I've successfully planned and recorded. I'm not sure if it's good enough to win, but it's worth a shot! I would have had a go at recording another one, but my decks have just been put away for a bit, so I don't know when I'll next get a chance to plan and record something. Anyway, I hope you like it and let me know what you reckon.

Done on vinyl using two Technic 1200s with a Pioneer DJM-250 mixer:

1. Foreign Concept & Riya - Affliction - Critical
2. Sub Zero - Brighter Days - Playaz
3. Rockwell - The Rain - Shogun Audio
4. Villem - Shimmer - Med School
5. Kodo - The Jackal (dBridge Remix) - Ingredients
6. Kodo - The Jackal (Original Mix) - Ingredients
7. Villem & Fields - Discordia - Med School
8. Fracture feat. Dawn Day Night - Get Down To The Funky Beat - Exit
9. Spectrasoul - Organiser (Foreign Concept Remix) - Critical
10. Fracture feat. Dawn Day Night - Get Busy - Exit
11. Ulterior Motive vs. FD - Drum Circle - Subtitles
12. Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem Remix) - Ingredients
13. DRS feat. Enei - Count to Ten - Soul: R
14. dBridge & Vegas - True Romance - Metalheadz
15. Spectrasoul feat. Kenny Knots - The Four Points
16. Mark System - Love Dub - Digital Soundboy
17. Break - They're Wrong - Symmetry
18. Break - Mr Crystal - Soul: R
19. Ghostface Killah feat. Neyo - Back LIke Dat (Marky & Bungle Bootleg)

Stream - http://soundcloud.com/olly-skwiffer/skwiffer-october-2012

Download - http://soundcloud.com/olly-skwiffer/skwiffer-october-2012/download
(I'll try and get a dnbshare link up soon as well)

Last edited:
love how it builds up and goes heavyer each minute. shat myself when organizer came in - didn't expect it. also get busy and drum circle was pretty sick
- and jaipur remix + count to ten! mr crystal and back like that remix transition was just beautiful - tickled my ears :P

i think this one has fair chances winning - it's a bit different, it's interesting and technically well executed (just one little offbeat near the end)

Thanks for the feedback fuuz3r. Much appreciated. I'm still not sure about switching the style at the end and that little mistake when They're Wrong comes in is annoying as hell! Still pleased with it though, I think. We'll see how it goes, eh!

for people who haven't listen to this....absolutely recommend this one. at the moment listen to this for the 3rd time. once again - big mix! will be looking forward for new ones.

Cheers mate. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. Are you entering the comp? Am I right in thinking you entered before?

Yeah mate, just putting my mix for the comp together as we speak and yeah, I did enter both of the previous competitions :) Anyways your mix is very nice, really liking the overall flow, slowly building up from chilled Affliction up to those tribal beats of Get Busy and Drum Circle and then ending it up with melodies, well played! Most of the mixes were really spot on, loved the first 3 tunes, really nice opening, wasn't too much of a fan of The Rain >> Shimmer, but then you've picked it up once again and the part around Organiser remix was really sick. Drum Circle >> Jaipur remix >> Count To Ten was headbanging, really steppy, mixed perfectly. Wasn't expecting True Romance to kick in, but loved it! Really liked Love Dub >> They're Wrong as well, clever thinking. And that bootleg has rounded it up nicely. Good luck mate, really cool mix!

Yeah mate, just putting my mix for the comp together as we speak and yeah, I did enter both of the previous competitions :) Anyways your mix is very nice, really liking the overall flow, slowly building up from chilled Affliction up to those tribal beats of Get Busy and Drum Circle and then ending it up with melodies, well played! Most of the mixes were really spot on, loved the first 3 tunes, really nice opening, wasn't too much of a fan of The Rain >> Shimmer, but then you've picked it up once again and the part around Organiser remix was really sick. Drum Circle >> Jaipur remix >> Count To Ten was headbanging, really steppy, mixed perfectly. Wasn't expecting True Romance to kick in, but loved it! Really liked Love Dub >> They're Wrong as well, clever thinking. And that bootleg has rounded it up nicely. Good luck mate, really cool mix!

Thank you for the detailed feedback mate. Much appreciated! I think I have to agree with you on Shimmer. I was originally going to start with it, but then added the other three tracks on the beginning, so don't think I thought that bit through as much. Glad I got it in there, though, cos it's a tune!

Thanks again mate and will check your entry when it's up :)

Hello mate! Ahaa. Good stuff. Sorry if I didn't reply to your text last week. It's been a bit hectic lately! Will get in touch next week or so and we'll organise something. Are you going Ram vs Critical?

Mate, I'm useless at replying to texts, don't worry about it! I think I will be mate, Christie will probably come down for that!

Back
Top Bottom