Skwiffer - All Calibre Mix

skwiffer

VIP Junglist
Hello hello,

Been a while since I've done a mix so, until I actually get a decent one recorded, I figured I'd put this up on here before Calibre releases the ultimate "Best of Calibre" mixes with his fabriclive. It's not a definitive, Best of Calibre mix by any means. I just got together all the tunes I had of his on vinyl, picked from them and this is what I came out. There's some bits in there where I didn't know the tunes as well as I should etc, but I'm pretty pleased with it overall. Hope you like it and feedback's always great :)

Cheers

download - http://dnbshare.com/download/Skwiffer_-_All_Calibre_-_Christmas_2.mp3.html
stream - http://www.mixcloud.com/olly-fairhall/skwiffer-all-calibre-december-2012/

Track list:

All Day - Calibre - CIA
Judgement Day feat. DRS - Calibre - Samurai
Corner Dance - Calibre - Signature
Late Night Squeeze feat. Alison Crockett - st:cal - Signature
Rose - Calibre - Signature
Garden (Calibre Remix) - T.E.E.D.
Away With Me feat. Tamara Blessa (Calibre Remix) - Spectrasoul - Shogun Audio
Into the Groove - Calibre - Signature
Refusal feat. Steo (Calibre Remix) - Zero T - Integral
What I Feel feat. Myrrh-ce - Calibre & Zero T - Signature
Mr Majestik - Calibre & High Contrast - Signature
Fire & Water - Calibre - Soul: R
Flim feat. Slarta Jon (Calibre Dub Mix) - Zinc - Bingo Beats
Jungle One - Calibre - Samurai
Trip It - Calibre - Digital Soundboy
Brother - Calibre - Defunked
Like It Is - Calibre - Innerground
Mr Maverick - Calibre - Signature
CArry Me Away - Calibre - Signature
Understand - Calibre - Deepkut
Hard Times - Calibre - V Records
Overreaction feat. Lariman - Calibre - Signature
Gone Away - Calibre - Signature
Clipper Man - Calibre - CIA
Undisco - Calibre & Commix - Liquid V

Edit - I hardly even make a mention to Calibre there! I owe a good chunk of my love for drum & bass to that man. Really looking forward to the Fabriclive CD, his albums and I can't wait to finally see him play at Exit 10th birthday :D

Last edited:
nice one squiff.
always wanted to do an all calibre mix. just too lazy tho.
will have a peep at this at work once you've got a stream going on.

All over this skwiffy.

Like I will be all over you at Exit :teeth:

Ha! Cheers mate. Hope you like it. I'm wet at the thought of Exit and what the night will entail. Not to be gay or nothing.

Just what the doctor ordered...

Thanks OCDJ. Hope it hits the right spot :)

nice one squiff.
always wanted to do an all calibre mix. just too lazy tho.
will have a peep at this at work once you've got a stream going on.

Big up Teddy :D Yeah, I've been meaning to do a proper one for years and did this in the meantime. I haven't got all the tracks I want on vinyl yet though, so can't do have a proper go at it til then! Hope you like the mix. Let me know what you reckon :)

Cheers guys. Big up for listening. You're right Jack, it's all gotten a bit gay. I'll keep it behind closed doors :P

I've added a mixcloud link for any streamers :)

Yes this was some chilled evening listening,
There was an extra tune in between Rose & Garden remix I noticed, was trying to work out what it was as it wasn't in the TL...let me know!

Thought the first 5 mixes were all pretty solid.

Never heard What I Feel before which came in after Refusal something I will probably look to pick up now.
Didn't particularly feel Mr Majestik being rolled out virtually the whole track, just personal preference. Fire & Water is in now.

Fire & Water >> Flim (Calibre Dub Remix) - spot on, EQ's were wicked, find it hard to get tunes to sit with Fire & Water well, but you left in the vocal snippet of Fire & Water well for me. wicked vibes. best mix so far.

into Jungle One, not bad EQing is ok.
Next mix into Trip it wasn't your best...wicked tune selection though, it has been on point thoroughly so far mate (y)

Brother flowed quite nicely over the top over Trip It EQ'd well again.
Waiting for Like It Is to roll in. really progressively mixed in, and when you bring the bass in of Like It Is the two tunes sit so well together, absolutely spot on!
Unmistakable Mr Maverick is in, wicked mix again there. Nice bit of a flow going now.
Carry me away moves into the mix, love this tune as well. The little bit of Mr Mavericks vocal pokes through for the first 16 bars of the mix, bit disappointed it couldn't go on for 32 bars of a phrase just being picky tbh :D
Love the next tune Understand. Mix wasn't my favourite of the bunch, but still wicked tune.
Next mix with Hard Times worked really well with the bongoey drum sitting behind it from Understand in the mix. spot on again. You've really nailed some wicked mixes in this.
Can hear Overreaction working its way in. felt like it wasnt dropped at the right point for some reason, rewound it a couple of times to check couldnt really work it out.
Haven't heard Overreaction in a long time. need to go digging.

Sounded like Gone Away was brought in from the drop wasn't too sure on the mix tbh. seemed quite quick. Another good Calibre tune though. Even If is a great LP.
Can hear Clipper Man ticking over Gone Away with its much steppier vibes. Didn't expect it work as well as it did with Gone Away. not bad.
Never heard Undisco before, & it came it pretty quickly and changed up the style. bouncy vibes. Undisco's 2nd breakdown is pretty cool, might have to see if I can find that.

All in all pretty good Skwiffy. Not many people have attempted all Calibre mixes, so its staying on the Ipod for safekeeping.
Loads of tunes I like in this & some good mixing & EQing in places.

Big ups this was easy listening at its finest (y)

Thank you for the detailed feedback Stu. Much appreciated! Yeah there are quite a few mistakes in there and bits I'd like to do better. I fully intend to do a proper, planned all Calibre mix or potentially Calibre vs Alix Perez mix. I did one years ago that was awful and want to revisit it. I wasn't even going to put this one up online because I just did it for something to listen to, but I liked the track selection.

I think the tune missing from the track list is Piano Bizness on Critical. I thought I'd put it in there but couldn't remember where in the mix it was so couldn't check. Ha.

Big up for listening mate. Glad you like it :D

listening now, lovely stuff! i'm on an 'all things calibre' hype at the minute, this hit the spot nicely

all over this! can't go wrong, big tings man. fire & water and mr majestik in there too, all time fave calibre tunes standard!

Back
Top Bottom