'Skunk-like' cannabis link to quarter of psychosis cases

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Catsel, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Well duh...

I despise anybody who treats weed as a harmless drug.

Forau likes this.
  3. Catsel

nothing is harmless with over usage.

ask simon bout his potatoe addiction.

4. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I agree.

Its affected me badly. But i still maintain thats because of me more than it is because of the chronic... I knew i had stopped enjoying it, and wasnt smoking for fun anymore, and still continued.

On the flip side, im grateful my vice is/was that rather than alcohol, prescription meds, yay etc.

5. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

What is "skunk" though? High grade?

You can only get high grade round my parts because dealers can grow less and sell it for more.

If it was legal, arguably high grade wouldnt exist unless people wanted a specific strain.... so its just another argument for legalisation than an argument for prohibition.

6. Rusket

Rusket Mix an blend

cause ≠ correlation

7. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

This.

Fair play have the occasional Joint but, idiots who smoke everyday and thinks its cool are just as bad as alcoholics and other drug abusers imo.

8. Rusket

Rusket Mix an blend

I am not saying that it isn't harmful but to compare someone that smokes pot everyday to someone who drinks everyday or takes harder drugs is a very unjust comparison.

9. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

People who give up weed go on a high horse about how bad it is for you and how only low lifes smoke it, yet these same people cant go to the boozer and have 4 pints without sniffing 2 grams..

just saying..

Borf™, RUSSLA, Freek and 6 others like this.
  10. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Too much of anything is bad. Too much alcohol is bad, too many cheeseburgers is bad. Even too much citrus fruit is bad. Arguing over whether smoking too much weed is bad is null, the discussion should be around whether the recreational use of cannabis is as bad as recreational drinking or drinking coffee or something.

11. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Tell us something we didn't know?

Anyway moderation is the key. As Scotty says the occasional J, line whatever is fine in my books, as long as it isn't you just smashing every penny you earn into a habit.

When you take it abit overboard is when you may need to take stock of the situation and realise we arent reliving Scarface and I have work on Monday, i've been there, sure most of us have.

herojuana and Dannyboy93 like this.
  12. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

It always depends on how cannabis affects your body. I think you can get depressive from cannabis, but not because of the "high". A lot of people who smoke weed recreational are starting to get lazy and inactive. This is probably the reason why smoking cannabis every day leads to depressions.
    You'll start to feel like shit if you sit a week at home doing nothing but watching TV, playing games, eating and being high. Hating your self on long term -> depression.

Oh wait, I'm just saying the obvious stuff, right?

13. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

I think you've missed my point because you've reverted back to talking about a heavy smoker.

The term 'recreational' is a grey area. What's a recreational drinker? Someone who goes to the pub and has 2 pints twice a week or someone that goes out on a friday and gets battered? Or is it anyone that doesn't drink every day of the week regardless of amounts. I think ultimately it would come down to units consumed in an average week. So how many zoots in an average week takes you from a recreational smoker to a smoker?

14. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Ah moderation.
    The brief feeling of self righteousness followed by sheer disappointment.
    Sometimes I miss the wagon.

Back on topic, there seems to be a lot of focus on weed in the media recently. Anyone think the UK is going to try and follow in Americas footsteps?

15. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

My fault, sorry man. I wasn't familiar with the word 'recreational', and my dictionary referred to "Free time". I directly thought about a heavy smoker who smokes the whole day lel

16. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

cannabis psychosis. right. you know that thing when you smoke a little and 4000 tons of ethereal doooom appears out of thin air only to land straight surgical precision unerring alien accuracy right in your disgusting mangled and nearly all gone but for a tiny sliver of conscience and objective perception of the world that you just cant seem to shake and you understand you been acting like a stupid dick, clear as day for all to see, cos everyone knows, but not you, you been on that behaviour for like at least the last two weeks, and its only now that you realize, and at the same time you know its too late to fix now, just going to have to hang on to whatever you got and try to ride it out, see if you come out anywhere near ok, just hope for the best.

you know that thing? yeah. i never had that actually, i just smoke and chill, watch ghost in the shell arise, play with my e-mu, invent dubstep

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    scrTchs likes this.
  17. Catsel

addictive personalities are worse than the actual drugs.

[​IMG]

Riisu and Forau like this.
  18. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Why? It isn't good for your body. Same as drinking everyday isn't. Just like an Alcoholic can't give up drinking everyday, a weed smoker wouldn't be able to give up smoking very easily.

People who smoke weed everyday trick themselves into thinking they do it out of choice but, the truth is it's an addiction just like being an alcoholic.

Difference is people who sniff the 2 grams will be a bit tipsy and thinking fuck it, then realise the next day it was a bad move. Weed smokers will just wake up an smoke again thinking they are cool for doing so and it isn't doing them any harm.

Using a drug every now and again at a weekend is probably better for you than smoking weed everyday. You are kidding yourself if you think you are doing no harm to your body and you won't end up fucking yourself up.

You may put me in the above bracket because I quit smoking years ago, truth is it was the best decision I ever made. If you do smoke everyday, you may one day make the same decision and I guarantee you, you will feel the same way.

DeeGun and Moskit like this.
  19. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

lol

20. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

I hate to say it but the research that has been done into addiction pretty much makes your post absolute waffle.

http://chasingthescream.com/

Im guna chip in cos i've forever felt that i shouldnt blaze and its doing me harm yada but it's only the past 6 months or so where i've literally just stopped putting fucking pressure on myself to stop something that actually enjoy!!

The problem imo isnt the drug at all, its how the social aspect of everyone make you FEEL like you should stop because of people like you - scare tactics and fear of becoming a psycho ? do fuck off

Since I changed my mind-set completely in life in general i'm come to realise to do whatever the fuck makes you happy. I truly believe people stop enjoying it because society makes them feel like they shouldnt - Thats fucking bullshit and that book explains it all.

It's 2015 - not 1915

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    bn14 likes this.