Skream - DNB has got healthy again off the back of dubstep.....

Please explain why you think this is true. ^

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

There's using twitter to say what's on your mind now and again and then there's using it to broadcast EVERY FUCKING THOUGHT YOU HAVE.

True I think. Any massive explosion in popularity in other styles of bass music is always going to give d&b a kick up the arse, due to both inspiration and a sense of healthy competition.

Hes going off on one because of this thread on dubstepforum http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188935 where a guy is saying all the new screechy bollocks isnt dubstep, its "bass music" or "glitch hop" or some variant of electro house. Skreams blown this argument up into one that doesnt even exist, saying people need to move with evolution, that Skrillex is an amazing producer etc. etc. also saying brostep is a shit term, as though people seriously use it to define a subgenre... its a phrase ffs. I shall continue to use brostep :D but now all the "DEEPSRSDUBSTEPHEADZ" are getting mad.

Also to clear things up, Skream didnt say that dubstep helped DnB get healthy again, someone else did and he retweeted it.

Its also a load of bollocks, DnB was never unhealthy, its always been there with or without dubstep...

Last edited:
Hes going off on one because of this thread on dubstepforum http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188935 where a guy is saying all the new screechy bollocks isnt dubstep, its "bass music" or "glitch hop" or some variant of electro house. Skreams blown this argument up into one that doesnt even exist, saying people need to move with evolution, that Skrillex is an amazing producer etc. etc. also saying brostep is a shit term, as though people seriously use it to define a subgenre... its a phrase ffs. I shall continue to use brostep :D but now all the "DEEPSRSDUBSTEPHEADZ" are getting mad.

Also to clear things up, Skream didnt say that dubstep helped DnB get healthy again, someone else did and he retweeted it.

Its also a load of bollocks, DnB was never unhealthy, its always been there with or without dubstep...

so many people have opinions of when DNB went shit or when it died... when it had a bad period.... nobody ever seems to understand it was only their DNB experience that died and not particually other peoples, there may be trends in age groups, but its different for everybody at the end of the day.

i think this may be true in terms of minimal drum and bass, but that is still NOT a majority and therefor cannot be applied to by the vague term "dnb"

shall we look at it the other way round, do you really think dubstep would have the balls to make those big LFO basses and reece basses and every other bass sound that was characterstic of DRUM AND BASS BEFORE DUBSTEP !!!

He's been drinking with Plastician. He just tweeted that next binge with skream will be without cellular phone. Also skream says loads of things right now about :alchy:, sending out tweets at an average of 2 per min.

Not a fuck to be given about it really. :)

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

H8lf3.jpg

what a retarded thread (dubstepforum) thank fuck i dont post there. some of those guys can seem even more up their own arses than people in DOA

what a retarded thread (dubstepforum) thank fuck i dont post there. some of those guys can seem even more up their own arses than people in DOA

I must say I dont enjoy that forum as much as this but how many threads have gotten that out of hand on here? Everyones is there for their love of music so obviously everyone is going to get on their high horse when someone doesn't agree with them or tells them the shite they listen to isnt dubstep

Please explain why you think this is true. ^

Okay, let's put it that way: there were some periods recently, when dnb was in fact in a stasis. Not because of artists or the production, simply because of people/fanbase. Many "oldschool" headz was driven away in last few years, in the meantime not so much people jumped onboard. But the explosion around electro/dubstep stuff seen lately put the focus on dnb scene again, mainly for it's diversity, which is easier to be found there than in electro/dubstep. At least I would say so, of course I may be wrong :)

so many people have opinions of when DNB went shit or when it died... when it had a bad period.... nobody ever seems to understand it was only their DNB experience that died and not particually other peoples, there may be trends in age groups, but its different for everybody at the end of the day.

i think this may be true in terms of minimal drum and bass, but that is still NOT a majority and therefor cannot be applied to by the vague term "dnb"

shall we look at it the other way round, do you really think dubstep would have the balls to make those big LFO basses and reece basses and every other bass sound that was characterstic of DRUM AND BASS BEFORE DUBSTEP !!!

This.

What a load of bollox !

Dubshit has got healthy cus our drum and bass dj's started throwing a few dubstep tracks in there sets, some even went on to produce it like Simone Bassline Smith, Chase and Status Subfocus the list goes on. Our dj's made dubshit what it is.

This skream guy sounds like a silly fool

I must say I dont enjoy that forum as much as this but how many threads have gotten that out of hand on here? Everyones is there for their love of music so obviously everyone is going to get on their high horse when someone doesn't agree with them or tells them the shite they listen to isnt dubstep

true say man, i think all these forums are as bad as each other actually

I think most of the dnb / dubstep crossover suff (i refuse to say the word drumstep), is really weak and cheesy.

I like good dubstep, I like good dnb. Keep them seperate and dont compromise.

Haha what a cunt, at least our scene isnt full of a bunch of fucking brightly dressed pretentious kids, i went to a dubbed out night and found it hard to keep a straight face, so clicky.

Dubstep is like... A familiar beat and perhaps lyrics, overlayed with the sickest and dirtiest bass, integrated flawlessly and artistically. During the experience you feel entranced in awe and amazement, often bringing you to tears, wanting more, almost as if god exists and wants you to be happy. And then the song is o...ver, there's blood leaking out of your sub woofer, and the cat is missing

Some twat on fb i need to delete

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom