DnB Skeptical, Dub Phizix...

the thing is, if we all knew that we'd be making tunes like these ourselves, no?

you can't expect people to hold your hand and explain to you how to write bangers

i personally think its some lowpassed square waves with some modulations on them and a clean sine sub underneath, but who knows

i personally think its some lowpassed square waves with some modulations on them and a clean sine sub underneath, but who knows

Cetys, if you really wanna know, do this, then heavily compress, bitcrush, then lowpass.
That should give you a similar result.

And tbh you wont really get any worthy responses if you ask for tuts or anything. I mean, there's a lot of helpful people in this sub forum, but most people will just tell you to keep trying yourself. Because that's really what we've all learnt the most from, and what you should be doing.
We all share tips and stuff all the time, but asking for a step by step process for something another producer has made is pushing it bit far.

could imagine some stereo movement going on above the sub frequencies to get it that full

deffinately a high passed sine wave, probalby high passed at 100hz. anything below that isnt worth having. (i have no idea how dub phizix and skeptical make phat subz)

layering a lowpassed square will for sure all about getting the level right so its subtle but just about adding that overall feel. sometimes i even bounce out my sub and drive the higher frequencies out of it then cutting any sub frequencies and layering that over. whatever sounds good though :)

Hey man its all well and good having these basses but you could have the sickest basses in the world and still make a shit sounding tune. Its all aboout making your own style when it comes to making tunes :)

Back
Top Bottom