Skeeettt!!

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
New sig.

Anyways, I was wondering why FL makes crackling noises when I play it on my speakers (not so much on me headphones)

New sig.

Anyways, I was wondering why FL makes crackling noises when I play it on my speakers (not so much on me headphones)

It might be cus your spreakers are not magnetically sheilded from you computer. Mine are the same cus they are shit.

Any tips on how to lower that? Maybe an option to lower the sound quality a but or something?

I don't use FL but lowering the sound resolution can be an easy fix but never a good idea as u miss out important parts of ur mix, eq is next to impossible (unless u wanna keep re-exporting in hi res listening back, then tweaking again in low res - can be well frustrating!!)

best upgrade ur pc mate ;)

edit - there are ways to optimise ur pc (cleaning up ur hard drive etc etc) but I did this once, followed this guide in music tech magazine, and I could hardly notice the difference on the effect of my programs performance :( really if u have a good processor and a nice chunk or RAM u shouldn't have this issue

Last edited:
I don't use FL but lowering the sound resolution can be an easy fix but never a good idea as u miss out important parts of ur mix, eq is next to impossible (unless u wanna keep re-exporting in hi res listening back, then tweaking again in low res - can be well frustrating!!)

best upgrade ur pc mate ;)

edit - there are ways to optimise ur pc (cleaning up ur hard drive etc etc) but I did this once, followed this guide in music tech magazine, and I could hardly notice the difference on the effect of my programs performance :( really if u have a good processor and a nice chunk or RAM u shouldn't have this issue

Got a new hard drive, and I put my Image Line crap in there only. 110 g just for VSTs and samples and such. It's a medium sized diff.

Yeah, I might need to lower the sound quality a bit. If anyone can point out where exactly in fruity. I shall be in your debt

If it doesnt happen in your headphones then it's not a case of cpu power but something to do with your speakers. Maybe this magnetic shielding goes haywire as some other dude said or they could even be broken. Lack of cpu power presents itself as stuttering or sudden drop of audio.

Anyway, you can test if enlarging the buffer size would help, press F10 and click audio tab and adjust buffer length to the right, maybe even maximum just to test things.

If it doesnt happen in your headphones then it's not a case of cpu power but something to do with your speakers. Maybe this magnetic shielding goes haywire as some other dude said or they could even be broken. Lack of cpu power presents itself as stuttering or sudden drop of audio.

Anyway, you can test if enlarging the buffer size would help, press F10 and click audio tab and adjust buffer length to the right, maybe even maximum just to test things.

Just what I wanted, F10.

Big up for a top notch answer. I bet other people have this problem too.

Back
Top Bottom