Sirus - Arashi / Soul Cleanse - Detached Audio

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Good evening gentlemen.

We've had a bit of a radio silence at Detached Audio since the Aardonyx EP in March, but now we're back, and it's a brand new single by our forum stalwart, @SIRUS ! He brings us two very contrasting tunes, which I hope you guys will enjoy!

You can get the release here: https://detachedaudio.bandcamp.com/album/arashi-soul-cleanse

1) First up, the lethal "Arashi"

2) And secondly, the sultry "Soul Cleanse"

Any feedback and support is always welcome, let's give a hand to @SIRUS for this one!

Also on an extra, if anyone could feedback on the mastering please because I did that for this release, and I'm keen to hear how I did.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I left feedback,

"Arashi"

Cool Intro, although it would be a bear to Mix. The Drop is nasty and Techy as can be, I like all the edits on the Drums. 3:10 - wonderful change of pace... reminds me of TeeBee a little bit. The twinkly sounding Bell is pretty, coupled with those soft Pads, it's wonderful. Production sounds really good in my cheap PC headphones: the only 'issue' I hear in my shite cans, is that the aggressive Techy section doesn't "pop" as much at low volumes as the Liquid Techy section does around 3:40 (everything is spot on during 3:40, but 4:30 just feels a smidge busy, but still works)... could very well be my kit, but I thought I'd share anyway. Killer tune, I'd buy it on vinyl.

"Soul Cleanse"

Smooth Jazzy movements... snappy Percussion. We're off to a great start. The Bell at 1:00 was a nice melodic Fill leading to the 1 at 1:07. That delayed, "hey y y y y y" is cool, but I want to hear it get edited more... some unique Panning on it would have livened it up a lot. The Sub is sublime and works well with everything. Overall, the tune is too repetitive for me, but I can see it working well as Filler. Imo, it could be remixed and turned into something much more interesting, that or the Sequencing could have been more involved and yielded something more complicated. I don't like the Outro, it's way too plain, abrupt, and mixing out with that Bell melody might be an issue. Production is fantastic, the Mix and Limit sounds spot on in my cheap PC headphones.

Woah. Excellent depth of feedback, really appreciate it. Agree with all the comments too. I was a little lazy with Soul Cleanse and should have taken it further. I think I over compensated with Arashi, as I was aware it was getting too busy. Gives me an added focus and insight on what to try on future tracks to find a better balance. Thanks man.

Funny you mention SC could be remixed into something more interesting as it is scheduled for a remix, which I'm really looking forward to hearing as I think they'll make the most of the potential there.

Imo, it could be remixed and turned into something much more interesting

Funny you mention SC could be remixed into something more interesting as it is scheduled for a remix, which I'm really looking forward to hearing as I think they'll make the most of the potential there.

Yup this is right, there's a new team up happening for this that hasn't been done before, I think the people involved will deliver something soon!

Back
Top Bottom