***SirReal - The Cosmic Blue Mix*** CALIBRE.RANDOMOVEMENT.DRS.ALIXPEREZ.SUBMORPHICS

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by SirReal, Jul 19, 2013.

1. SirReal

SirReal Active Member

Really tried to take the listeners on a journey with this one. Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/sirreal/the-cosmic-blue-mix

LTJ Bukem – Music (Technicolour Remix)
    Nu:Logic feat Robert Manos – Shoot me down
    BCee – Make you mine
    Alix Perez feat D.Ablo – Playing games
    Malaky – First light
    dRamatic & dbAudio – Remember
    Motta & mSdoS – Dots
    DJ Marky - A disco funk organisation
    Flaco – Guidance
    Submorphics – Cosmic blue
    BCee – Our Time
    Kool & The Gang – Summer madness (Velocity Bootleg)
    Calibre – Think on
    Pedestrian – Hoyle road (Spectrasoul Remix)
    DRS – Soul remembers
    Submorphics – Hazel street
    Unknown artist – Liquid Love
    ATP & soulTec – Chicollini
    Paul SG & Altitude – Stay strong
    Calibre – Running
    Random Movement – Domino Crude

*Chloe likes this.
  2. SirReal

SirReal Active Member

Re: ***SirReal - The Cosmic Blue Mix*** CALIBRE.RANDOMOVEMENT.DRS.ALIXPEREZ.SUBMORPHI

bump

3. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Re: ***SirReal - The Cosmic Blue Mix*** CALIBRE.RANDOMOVEMENT.DRS.ALIXPEREZ.SUBMORPHI

This looks yummy, man. On it!

4. *Chloe

*Chloe Well-Known Member

On the download.

5. SirReal

SirReal Active Member

bump

6. SirReal

SirReal Active Member

last bump for all those that missed it first time around

7. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Listening.

8. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Still on this, bruv, just haven't had a chance to completely listen!

9. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Finally got a chance to get to listen to this, Sam, and boy was it well worth the wait. I always get bogged down with other things, other projects, but man I am always utterly blown away by your consistency. Every single mix you do is spot on amazing. There was one a long time ago that started with "Give Me Your Love" that has been my stand-by influence for liquid mixes and was easily your best but this may beat it, man, honestly.

The first tune has been constantly rinsed by me since it got released, and the transition to Shoot Me Down started off real slow, real subtle, but they matched together so well. Really dig how the atmospherics layered upon each other and creeped over one another during the lead up and wear down of the actual transition. What's amazing is that while I was listening to this (no TL available at the time), the BCee tune came in. And I was totally vibing, thinking to myself that the first thing I do when I cop this tune is immediately try mixing it with Playing Games since they sounded like perfect compliments. And then you go ahead and do exactly that a few moments later. Nearly flipped my shit. Great minds think alike.

It's amazing to me how you're able to shift vibe and mood so effortlessly between tunes. We started off super euphoric and GLR, then slowly made the way into light Headz territory with the Lenzman-esque sound of the Malaky tune, and soon we're vibing on some jazz-inspired piano samples and never once did it seem jarring. Utterly amazing. You have atmospherics- and mood-matching down to a damned science, man, and it takes me a long time to plan this kind of thing. If this were a spur-of-the-moment mix without any planning, well then I may as well just quit now because this is fantastic.

The bit with Cosmic Blue itself also really stood out as the flagship tune. That Velocity bootleg is now an instabag, thank goodness its a freebie! Really love that vocals and vibes on it. Been really feeling the Hoyle Road remix for a while and I loved how it bled into the DRS tune. Very strong stuff there.

What else can I say, man? I bow to the liquid don on this one.