Singular (new track WIP)!!

mate, this is sounding awesome. i love the general rhythm and all the little cymbals and bells that come in and out; it really sounds like a track that you've spent a lot of time on. there's something a bit odd about the drop though, i think it's the actual tonal melody of the bass, makes it sound a bit too much like an early 90s video game rather than a kick-in-the-balls kinda dark dnb track. it has a lot of odd screamy synths and stuff that sound awesome, but i feel the main essence of the track could be a bit grungier to create that juxtaposition in sound. possibly make the bass a bit more atonal with pitch envelopes and distorted with... distortion. but other than that i love the track and really respect the work you've put into the details :) big ups.

yo

@capsika - thanks for the elaborate feedback mate!! not entirely sure i understand what you mean by the drop sounding odd...however, my intention was to make it have that dark vibe, and if it's not working for you it defo needs some adjustment!! :) I'll try and grunge up the bass line somehow, maybe apply some pitch modulation as you suggest!! Glad you like track mate! and yeah, i did put a fair amount of hours into that thing haha..

@criticalwaves - cheers man...big ups for taking a listen ! ;)

great track.

agree that the mix needs work to bind it all together, but it's not far off.

nice original combination of sort of techy liquid break and virus-esq bass work (which is awesome)

the open hat on the first hit of the bar annoys me a little - it's too loud and i IMO needs to be pitched down.

a lot of the rhodes like synths in the back can come up in the mix a bit.

good work - hope it gets a nice release for you.

cheers man.... i must admit that i stopped hearing that open hi hat at all!! haha, think i've listened to it too much...but your right, it's a bit annoying!
Thanks for the ideas regarding mix...i'll defo keep it in mind!

peace

nice track man
very catchy
keep it up
maybe more atmospheric sounds will make it even better tune
cheerz

Back
Top Bottom