Simply shit Drum & Bass compilation CD's

jungle_fever

VIP Junglist
Ok so most compilations advertised as 'Classics' are normally the same 20 tunes recycled time and time again. Just saw this one though and for me it sums this up completely

91V90C2pUPL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drum-Bass-Classics-Various/dp/tracks/B00DX57QC4/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

i mean just look at the track listing for CD3..

Disc: 3
1. Feel The Love (Fred V & Grafix Remix) - Rudimental Feat. John Newman
2. Blind Faith (Loadstar Remix) - Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey
3. Propane Nightmares - Pendulum
4. Tidal Wave - Sub Focus Feat. Alpines
5. Through The Night - Drumsound & Bassline Smith feat. Tom Cane
6. Ghosts 'N' Stuff (Sub Focus Remix) - deadmau5 Feat. Rob Swire
7. Garden (Calibre Remix) - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
8. Tonight (Cutline remix) - Danny Byrd feat. Netsky
9. Refuse To Love - Loadstar
10. I Refuse (Shock One Remix) - Netsky
11. Lift Me Up - J Majik & Wickaman feat. Kate Loverage
12. The Strangest Secret In The World - London Elektricity
13. Major Happy - Fred V & Grafix
14. Need To Know - Wilkinson Feat. Iman
15. Tear You Down - Brookes Brothers
16. 2 Us (DJ Die Remix) - Wookie feat. Rachel K Collier
17. Hot Right Now - DJ Fresh Feat. Rita Ora

i dont know how anyone would think that the same person who listens to inner city life/ pulp fiction would also listen to feel the love remix. And if there is someone, he probably would have inner city/pulp from one of every compilation cd made in the last 10 years!? Fucking idiots imo.

Who buys these shit cds anyway?

I think if i did a purely classy liquid compilation cd it would do far better than this crap that gets churned out every month it seems like

well it's fucking amazon. once in a while they have good prices for the yearly hospital compilations--at least on the u.s. site. but yeah, if you don't know the genre, it's really easy to be enticed by some sort of third party compilation like that.

for people who don't know any better, no. because it says DNB CLASSICS on the tin, people who are just trying to get into dnb will buy it thinking they got a really great intro compilation into dnb.

well the numbers dnt lie and more people like the pop shit than decent music

ere dis. Hepz is right.

S'all about money. These aren't for the heads. Just people new to the scene.

Jungle - did you get a copy of that Technicolour & Komatic tune you asked about before? Couldn't find my copy but realised I have A TON of empty sleeves from playing out etc...

You could see it as an attempt at education....

People thats buying this ain't buying it for pulp fiction/inner city life et al...

But hopefully they like 'em and decide to dig a little deeper...

Jungle - did you get a copy of that Technicolour & Komatic tune you asked about before? Couldn't find my copy but realised I have A TON of empty sleeves from playing out etc...

yea man. just traded it with Tony for Graviton Ep. Do you think you have a copy of it somewhere then?>

yea man. just traded it with Tony for Graviton Ep. Do you think you have a copy of it somewhere then?>

Yup pretty much 100% sure its somewhere - just means I will need to go through the entire collection 1 by 1 and see what is actually in each sleeve. I found my copy of Inner Disbelief which i'd been hunting for ages on the hunt for Rotary Motion

I chucked aload of records I don't use in the loft too which I haven't checked...who knows.

Personally like that Gravitron EP more, gets battered daily.

Yup pretty much 100% sure its somewhere - just means I will need to go through the entire collection 1 by 1 and see what is actually in each sleeve. I found my copy of Inner Disbelief which i'd been hunting for ages on the hunt for Rotary Motion

I chucked aload of records I don't use in the loft too which I haven't checked...who knows.

Personally like that Gravitron EP more, gets battered daily.

Praying for a repress. i just like rotary motion better atm. let me know if u find it though

this one looks the worst, lol

0000329762_350.jpg

says it all that Prodigy and even fucking Bloc Party are on the front. when and how were they ever dnb?

got some 3CD compilation in a 2nd hand shop a few years back. each CD had 2 or 3 standard "classics" on, then the rest was full of really bad tunes by a bunch of guys I've never heard of before or since. I even think they might all have been by the same person cause they sounded like they were, but all listed under different names.

Also if anyone's got those 'Drum & Bass Sessions' CDs, the selections pretty good but there's a few VIP versions on there and in the liner notes it lists all of them as "Produced by blah blah....additional production by VIP" :)

this one looks the worst, lol

0000329762_350.jpg

says it all that Prodigy and even fucking Bloc Party are on the front. when and how were they ever dnb?

I think the tracks on there are Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) and Bloc Party - The Prayer (Break & Silent Witness Remix)

I imagine they used the original artists because they are more well known to the masses than Break is??

i only ever bought the hype dnb essentials
also used to get moving shadow cd's all the time 2 quid for a sick mix

I imagine they used the original artists because they are more well known to the masses than Break is??
well, yeah... proves how this kind of stuff is being exported to the masses.

leave our drum and bass alone!! etc etc

Compilation cd's are just embarrassing these days. Most are aimed at 16 year old teens anyway.

The best compilation cd I have ever brought was Dj Hypes Jungle Massive.

Got one from ASDA for a fiver when I was 16 called 'Original Drum & Bass Selection' and it was absolutely sick. Pacman, Bacteria, Deadline, messiah, vault, shadow boxing, uprising, drop bear to name a few .

2 Us (DJ Die Remix) - Wookie feat. Rachel K Collier

this one isn't shit, finally got a digital release too

Last edited by a moderator:
come on theyve got rudimental in there as a dnb classic. Thats all you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom