Simply shit Drum & Bass compilation CD's

the dnbarena summer selections are usually quite nice, by the time they get out i already got half of the tunes though

I've seen far worse compilations. Some good tunes on there IMO (but also some less good ones). Compilations like that are a good way of introducing people to the underground sound of D&B. Say somebody liked Rudimental on the radio so decides to buy this compilation and then starts investigating the other artists after listening to the other tracks.

I remember compilations where there were 2 or 3 known tracks then 10 tracks by artists you'd never heard of (or would hear of again). I used to pick up the Decadance compilations as they were cheap and would normally include a large percentage of decent modern or classic tracks but there would be 5-6 filler tracks made by their inhouse engineer.

Re: Simply shit Drum & Bass compilation CD's

When you think about it thought this is good for the dnb scene as an whole......It keeps the real deal underground and keeps bandwagon jumpers away.

- - - Updated - - -

you tell its shit anyway...its not even mixed by a mainstream atist

I remember buying some 2xCD ESSENTIAL DRUM AND BASS thing about 10 years ago. It was terrible, 90% of the tunes were by unknown producers and across both CDs there was one tune that I liked

Pretty shit but great sample!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that's nice tbh

If only he'd cut out the whiny g-funk synth bit and maybe the flappy drum loop at 1:45 that would be a bona fide tune

Theres a fuckload of awesome old jungle compilations, some with singles you'd pay an arm & leg for on discogs, you just gotta dig...

Back
Top Bottom