simplicity - flow (liquidish tune)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by cele, Aug 29, 2013.

1. cele

cele Well-Known Member

So my second tune is kind of done, but I need some second ears to tell me if there is a problem with the mixdown, or if a certain element doesn't fit.
    I have the concern that the track is a bit overloaded at parts.
    I was quite happy with everything until I started working on the breakdown and second drop, somehow I'm just not happy with them maybe someone has some ideas what I could change.
    Just general feedback would be nice, be as harsh as you want to be I am in need of that !
    (also there are some pops in the intro sorry fot that, I need to look into that as to how to get rid of those)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. cele

cele Well-Known Member

cheeky bump

3. LVB

LVB Active Member

your drums need to stand out a bit more, bass is a tad loud, otherwise very cool track, especially for your second

cele likes this.
  4. cele

cele Well-Known Member

Drums in General or just specific elements? Will try to bring them out more and turn down the bass a bit, thanks!

5. Von Herzog

Von Herzog Member

yeah drums have to punch you in your face
    bass is nice, but too loud (or dums to quiet)

cele likes this.
  6. Kealhaul

Kealhaul Member

try cutting the bass off at 12.5 hz. up the kick drum with maybe a second kick underneath to push it forward in the mix. dont forget to make sure your snare stands up to it.
    really nice track for your second one!
    at 3 35 i like it when its just the step and the bass. letting that loop for a while without the keys would make it sound more jungle....buts thats just my thoughts

big up

cele likes this.
  7. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

sounds good on my end. the kick could use a little more prescence, but maybe your going for that effect?

cele likes this.
  8. cele

cele Well-Known Member

Well I thought since it was a liquid track I didn't want the drums to be "in your face" but more sitting in the back giving it a solid backbone as the melodic stuff is changing alot.
    I am going to turn down the bass a bit and up the drums a bit aswell.
    As for the kick yeah it does kind of lack some presence, I will try to either eq it a bit or add another layer if I find one that fits. I always have a lot more trouble getting the kick right compared to the snare.

@ Kealhaul
    yeah now that you mention it I think I'll take the keys out at the sections where the bubbly synth is playing its mainriff melody, as they kinda distract from it (3:40-3:45 and 3:51-3:56 ect.) I think you know what I mean.

Will post an updated version soon, thanks for the feedback guys :)