simple loop that i could use feedback on

cactopus

Producer
before anyone mentions lack of change, please note that it is a simple loop. i just want to know if anyone thinks it is a nice run before i continue into making it a full song.

also, i might replace the piano with actual recorded guitar with palm muted notes to break up the main notes. i tend to make my ideas with simple instruments just to get the notes down and then change it later.

finally, it is at 170bpm right now. if anyone thinks it should be slower/faster, please let me know. i can't decide on that. and what i could really use help on is criticism of the drums. i have been a guitarist for 15 years but i've only played a real drumset a couple times and despite my love for DnB, drums are my weakness haha.

i look forward to any input that you guys have!

I used drum rack in ableton live 8, i forget where i got the individual drum hit samples but it is all MIDI. i added a couple mastering equalizers and probably a slight vinyl distortion effect as well

oh ok, i dont know what to suggest really lol...sorry , i mean maybe hi pass the loop u have a bit more to around 900 hz and turn the kick an snare up a bit? and then a slight bit of compression on the lot?

i was gonna say the drums could do with coming through stronger imo, but then i don't know how to produce so god knows how you'd go about that

musically its fine, which is a good thing. id work on adding more atmosphere to the track, don't be afraid to use fx on literally anything. some delay, reverb and compression would really help the piano to stand out. get looking around for some tutorials/articles on production too.

thanks guys. and yeah, i usually add an ambient noise in the background at some point during production. i came up with this loop in like an hour or two and just wanted to record it to let people give their opinion on it. i like having outside opinions on everything musical that i do; other people's opinions can really help sometimes

Back
Top Bottom