Simix - Oxygen (Liquid Drum & Bass)

Firstly, I really like the intro man. The percussion, the pad and vocals work together really well. Only thing I would say is that the drums are lacking. At the drop the drums arent prominent enough. I think one of the main reasons is the clap youre using as the snare. With a better snare and drums after the drop I think this would sound very nice. Although, it seems like youre going for the slightly 'minimal' style, but I do think the snare needs a bit of work. The percussion bit in the middle with the bongos etc is well nice. Where did you get the samples from if you dont mind me asking? All in all, great ideas. Just posted some new stuff myself, let me know what you think!

I like how chilled this is. That bass is strong - although it might just be that it's in a frequency my crappy headphones can pick up better than most lol. I like how spacey and splashy the drums sound, yet they're not too muddy. Maayybbbee make the snare a little more snappier, or punchier. All in all a really nice track.

As said earlier on aim def my fav of ur tunes. Really nice chilled feel to it. Drums def need a bit more punch

Thanks guys, yeah i thought the snare wasn't punchy enough, but as crocodile says, i was edging for a minimal drum style. Most of the samples, are from a few sample packs some friends had given me.

really wicked sounds man... very uplifting.. amazing atmosphere... but yeah i personally thought the beat lacked clarity only coz i couldnt find a real snare in there you know

Back
Top Bottom