Silkworm - Evidence [Ambient / Liquid]

silkworm

Hi all,

First post here, my mate recommended joining as he said it's a good place to get some proper feedback which I could do with.

Anyway, inspired by the early night times as winter approaches, and working in the city now with my new job, I've made a laid back little track, I've given up trying to write hard stuff at the moment as I don't have the energy....

http://soundcloud.com/silkwormdj/silkworm-evidence

cheers
Anthony

the instrument touches (rhodes and effects) are really nice man, the melody is great, but the beat sounds a little thin, could really do with a break (or a few) behind it :) very smooth, instruments are superb actually but the beat just sounds very thin and empty, i think the snare could be more solid as well. liking this anyway man.

this one has a sweet vibe to it...really feeling it..although im not a fan of the silence b4 the drop, i think a nice drum fill would be good ther imo

it seems as though ur going for the acoustic drum kit feel, but its lacking a bit of strength in the mix, the rides i think could be a lil louder n maybe a break could thicken the beat up a lil..

nice work tho!

Appreciate the advice there. I may see if I can introduce a little percussive roll or something before it drops....

Funnily enough I dropped the volume of the ride a little as I thought it was too intrusive initially, maybe ill turn it up a bit. Know what you mean about the break sounding sparce, not sure I can do much at this late stage, but I'll try and get something to sit in the midrange a bit more, I think thats what your meaning.

thanks
Anthony

sweet as, personally I love silent bits before a drop, got a wikid groove goin on wiv quite a dark atmosphere, works really well with such a minimal n techy soundscape, love it

Back
Top Bottom