DnB [SILKCD001] Furi Anga - Omnipresence L.P (Interview & 1st Preview Up Now)

SILKCD001 | Furi Anga - Omnipresence L.P
CD/MP3/WAV - (Silk Recordings)
RELEASE DATE: 18 February 2013
Cold Scandinavian moods delivered in a form of drum and bass…

After 4 years of work his L.P is finally ready! Packed full of amazing emotions, dark atmospheres and complex beats, this is Silk’s debut L.P and something Furi and the crew here at Silk are extremely proud of.
Furi Anga needs no introduction into the world of electronic music. Having been a soldier in the drum n bass genre for over 7 years, Furi has previously released 5 L.P’s and various singles thru a host of top-notch labels. Hailing from the arctic land of Finland, Antti Vitamakki has sequenced together his last 4 years of life into a 13 track L.P.

The L.P is available on CD and digital format from all good online and physical stores. We are also offering a digital download bundle pack in either .wav or mp3 a few weeks before the release date on our own store. Info about the exclusive date will be announced soon. We also caught up with Antti recently to get a few words on the L.P, find out his influences behind making the L.P and just some general chit chat. Please have a read and maybe you can learn something from this amazing artist!

The first audio previews have been released on Soundcloud and are available here:

TRACKLIST PART 1 (Preview)

1. Furi Anga - Heat Over Moscow (Cloudcities)
2. Furi Anga - Thermal Movement (Seacities)
3. Furi Anga - The Night Falls (As We Part)
4. Furi Anga - Poisonflowers
5. Furi Anga - The Unquiet Universe
6. Furi Anga - Underwater Maze
7. Furi Anga - Down Where The Whispers Scream

Furi_Anga_Digital_ARTWORK640.jpg

FURI ANGA INTERVIEW:

1. This is your 4th L.P, what was the thought process behind making the L.P and what were your main influences?

A: Actually this is my fifth album but first ever on a record label. So it’s kind of like a debut for me. My past 4 albums were just own funded cd-r ones. I have created Omnipresence for 4 years now, as it mirrors my life in those years. There has been a huge amount of happiness, sadness, laughs and cries. Actually the whole 4 years has been the most remarkable time in my whole life. I’ve been thru so many levels of emotional states in good and bad that I hope its hearable on the album. My main influences for this album were purely family, compassion and environment related. Other good music and overall episodes packed into 4 years developed these influences for me.

2. You have called the album Omnipresence, in your words what does this mean and how does it relate to the music you have created for the L.P?

A: For me, it was like trying or forced to be in several places or mindstates at the same time. It was some kind of survival mode for me, to get away from things but at the same time being involved in things. What comes to music, I think every track really reflects the current sentiments of me at the time they were created. It’s kind of hard to explain, as my English isn’t the best.

3. In 5 words describe your sound?

A: Scandinavian murky and callous atmospheres.

4. What equipment did you use to create this masterpiece?

A: FL Studio, Focusrite Saffire Pro24, Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO and my weapon of choice, a Microsoft wire keyboard from 1995.

5. Over the years how do you think your sound has developed and evolved?

A: It has definitely developed more in a musical direction instead of being only drum oriented. Although the scene has changed as well.
Evolving also happens as I found new inspiring music and listening to things very accurately.

6. How do you feel about the current EDM scene in general?

A: Actually I haven’t followed the edm scene actively for over 1.5 years now. I have found new things in progressive rock, instrumental doom, progressive jazz. I think there is way too many new releases coming out all the time and good ones drop out too fast. These days when everyone has a change for quality sound the amount of music is agonizing. Although as a flipside of the coin is that it could breed new and remarkable artists and gives a chance for someone to come thru. But yes, I unfortunately even don’t have time to follow the scene so much anymore. Few friends keeps me updated of the best releases.

7. Who are favourite all time artists?

A: Pat Metheny, Meshell Ndegeoello, Joni Mitchell, Sabina Sciubba, Herbie Han***** Tord Gustavsen, Esbjörn Svensson, Brad Mehldau, Tosin Abasi, Jaco Pastorius, Katatonia, ISIS, Pelican, NIN, Porcupine Tree, Matt Elliott, TOOL, A Perfect Circle Thundercat, Flying Lotus, Seba to name a few.

8. What plans do you have for the rest of the 2013?

A: I really don’t have any plans for 2013 yet. There has been so much dramatic changes in my life last year and this year that I guess my only goal is to get my personal things up and running again.

9. What do you like to do in your spare time when you are not making music?

A: I have a dayjob what takes up most of my time. But after that I listen to lots of music, watch movies, cook etc. Nothing too special to be honest.

10. Tell us 2 things about yourself no-one knows.

A: I can’t play any instrument at all and I have Mazda car.

11. Any shout outs?

A: Yes, definitely shout outs to Resound, Stellan, Silk, Family, and all the producers who have worked with me and i have sent tunes to. Thanks to those who have been playing my music and used them in podcasts and radio.

Links to the store will be posted in a few weeks! Previews Part 2 will be released soon!

Back
Top Bottom