Silent Union - Ocean Deep

Silent Union

http://soundcloud.com/silent-union/ocean-deep

Hello everyone. After reading everyone's comments in my previous post, I took them to heart. I've been working on my mixdown skills (the Miszt tutorial was great, thanks!) as well as trying to make everything sound "better".

I will also try and be on the forums more and give some input into your tracks where I can. I'm still a newb afterall. :crazy:

Thanks in advance to all comments and be honest please. :)

Last edited:
I think it sounds great, the harmonies and bass line melody are fine. Ah, as the rest of the elements drop at 2:14 or so I can hear some flanger on that bass line - it tends to mess with the EQ'ing that you do and I don't see the necessity of that kind of effect on this kind of bass line.

I'd think about fading and morphing, processing the harmonic background (post beat drop) in future projects. It's more work but it pays off. Or just cut them once the beat drops. And start making neurofunk instead of liquid.

You chose a really tough drum beat to work with - it's hard for anyone to make that pattern groove. Frankly it's more of a nod to the old school so if you don't have ANY break beats it's tough to make it work IMHO. That said it could be livened up with more hats, especially since you have the long tail on the snare - see the enlightening sad hats thread. Could be more attack and 200Hz to the snare, but honestly I have a bad ear for mixing and mastering!

Back
Top Bottom