Drum & Bass Silent Union - Fairytale (Liquid DnB)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Silent Union, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Silent Union

Silent Union Member

So this song was written for someone I know who's currently going through cancer.

I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on the song itself. This current mix is not the most dj friendly, although I will be making a dj mix (a slight change at the beginning and end) plus I have put indicators every 32 measures throughout the main parts of the song.

Do the vocals work in the mix? I only really recorded a couple of takes to work with and they had sounded a little sketchy when I started working with them. lol I wouldn't mind hearing if they're alright or not.

Any feedback's appreciated either way.

2. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

i quite like it, but i think it would be nice if you made the snare with more punch and presence in the mix.

hope your friend will do well !

Silent Union likes this.
  3. Silent Union

Silent Union Member

Thanks for your feedback. I have to agree with the snare. I kind of rushed the mix a little bit wanting to post it etc.

I hope she does well too. She does seem to be in high spirits at least.

4. Symphorax

Symphorax New Member

To be honest I don't like the vocals that much. Some heavy bass going on there, maybe add pads/effects. Good work.