Sidechaining?

sidechaining is when a plug in, say a compressor, is controlled by something else other than the instrument it is on. say u had a compressor on the sub bass. u could have it controlled by the kick, so when the kick hit the bass was compressed. if that makes sense

haha this is a good example BDS why you shouldn't ask me for tips, i learned about sidechaining yesterday... still haven't done it yet thou im not sure how you do it with fruity

but i found this, should help you get to understand what it actually does it's pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDY5LEkPCcE

we need MARZLTAH da Dub Professor to explain how to do it in FL8 :teeth:

Thing is tho m8 I can see most of the people on here bar a couple of heads cant be arsed to give any help to new producers.

so I figure the noobs are best helping each other out to the best of their abilities/knowledge.

Ya get me Blad!

props to fratanize marlz wobalz and a few uvas tho....they know who they are.

Thing is tho m8 I can see most of the people on here bar a couple of heads cant be arsed to give any help to new producers.

so I figure the noobs are best helping each other out to the best of their abilities/knowledge.

Ya get me Blad!

Na most people will be glad to help, look at riisu's thread for example.

Ya get me Blad!

props to fratanize marlz wobalz and a few uvas tho....they know who they are.

:D i did hear/read that sidechaining aint used that much in dnb so i dont know if it would be too useful to you man, dont quote me tho :D safe for the mention bro

on nthe uva hand i bet he aint got a mrs naggin at him every time he spends an hour in the studio haha

pth...women.

on nthe uva hand i bet he aint got a mrs naggin at him every time he spends an hour in the studio haha

pth...women.

well i do but... really it's the drinkin mostly that keeps me off the studio haha, like yesterday maaaan :teeth:

i fucking hate tuesday-twelvepacks i swear dun

haha that shiit will rot ur liver dude

and we dont need the next dubstep superstar turning yellow on us now do we?

Back
Top Bottom