SideChaining Shiz

Have two different basslines side chained to each other, then add automation elements to filters and shit. Have different attacks, releases and thresholds on each side chain too!

Now THAT, sounds like fun. . . . . I have to make a list of things to try, and hang it on the wall. I get ideas like this all day, when I'm actually in the studio, their gone! haha

Now THAT, sounds like fun. . . . . I have to make a list of things to try, and hang it on the wall. I get ideas like this all day, when I'm actually in the studio, their gone! haha
You really should! Just jot down tips you read on here, then when you're in the mood to try something new just give it a whirl, and don't stop there! Be adventurous! You might have a happy accident and be able to come back here and post something for us to try!

i've also found the best side chain settings to be maximum knee and ratio and the play with your attack, release and threshold to get the desired amount of ducking. the high ratio and knee makes the compressor super responsive to the side chain signal

with sidechaining bass to bass it is literrally what i says on the tin

create one bass track get a nice sound to it and write a bline for it
create a 2nd bass track with a completely different sound then write a bline for that track that overlaps your first bline on occassions..
Sidechain the 2nd bass line to the 1st and so when 1 overlaps the other its as if it pulls the other one outta the way giving the feel of quite a moving bassline.

Then mess with all your filters n shiz on each channel, automate and get some mad new sounds.. You could even send both channels to a bus and then add a lpf on there kinda gluing everything together.. depends if u wanna

Thats some sick ideas!! Helpful as usual :). Cant wait to try out all of these!!

One thing i done is, I inserted a percussion loop, hi-passed it and sidechained it to the kick and snare, sounds pretty cool imo.

Back
Top Bottom