Sidechaining a snare to a sweep (Fl Studio) (I know how to sidechain, this is just ?)

Discussion in 'Production' started by John Hamilton, Dec 20, 2012.

1. John Hamilton

John Hamilton New Member

Ok I have a track called "sweep" in the mixer with Parametric EQ 2, Fruity Free Filter and Limiter for the effects. I have another track on the mixer called "Snare" which has Parametric EQ 2 on it. When I try to sidechain the sweep to the snare, it works. But the filter and eqing from the sweep apply to the snare now. So now throughout the song the snare has a low pass filter on it and it sounds like crap.

Question: How do I sidechain the sweep to the snare without the effects from the sweep applying to the snare?

2. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Re: Sidechaining a snare to a sweep (Fl Studio) (I know how to sidechain, this is jus

I don't know how FL Studo works but I would suggest trying to put the compressor that you are using for the sidechain first in the order of effects :)

3. graffitizax

graffitizax Hauntr

Re: Sidechaining a snare to a sweep (Fl Studio) (I know how to sidechain, this is jus

use a send?

4. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

try applying the sidechain to a cloned version of the snare that's plays but doesn't make a sound, only simulates the snare for the sidechaining effect.

Or just use the peek controler here is a video to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1Pm8aYL64&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. John Hamilton

John Hamilton New Member

You sir are awesome! Thank you very much