Shure White Label Problems.

Prospekt

VIP Junglist
Does anyone know anything about these needles?

I bought one the other day as I know they are highly regarded and it's so so quiet. I have one STANTON ITRACK and that completely drowns it out and makes mixing impossible. For example I'll get two of the same tune, the WHITE LABEL will be at 11 o'clock and the ITRACK will be at 7 o'clock on the gains.

Even my old shitty STANTON 500-II over powers it. I mean the SHURE WHITE LABEL sounds kinda crisp but it's so quiet. I tried to get a refund from Chemical Records and they're just not having it. (Wankers) Gonna ring them back tomorrow and tell them there's a definite defect with the needle and hopefully they'll exchange it.

This is really pissing me off because I forked out £70 odd quid of my student loan on this needle and it's fucked me up a bit.

So if anyone has any information on these It would be much appreciated? Thanks in advance.

HWWHITELBEL.jpg

Last edited:
What does it matter if you have to set the gains different? That's what the gain's there for

different needles have different outputs

my old stantons are louder than the shures,

why did u just buy one? u shudnt use 2 different needles really

just buy another shure, and turn the gains up

if its really that quiet,, its faulty

ring chemical and kick off

What does it matter if you have to set the gains different? That's what the gain's there for

Coz I was under the impression these needles were really loud as I've mixed on the SHURE M44Gs and they're fucking loud. The STANTON ITRACKs are literally twice as loud as the WHITE LABEL i bought.

your using 2 diffrent needles with 2 diffrent Frequency Responses

theres gonna be a difference in the sound output of the cart

this is new to me that sures are quiet. but in a side note there good for vinyl ware

maybe the reason theirs a difference is becasu the others put more presure on the grove on the record. which is not a good look anyway

Yea i have the Shure m-44, and the white labels. The m-44's are louder, but the white labels are brighter and more accurate in the highs & mids.

Just be sure to be pairing your needles accordingly, i recommend buying one more white label, and problem fixed.

Yeah it just some output at different levels for differnet reasons. but yeah using 2 different needles will make your life harder and any recorded mixes sound shite. I have a pair of the same Nightclub S needles and as Scuba will agree, they are completely differnet gains..Just comes happens over time with wear and tear but thats a differnt issue lol :)

imo i think the white labels are good just they are quieter i was using a numark cc1 and a white label and i had the same problem but then i bought another white label but they still are slightly different on the gain from use and tear .Just deal with the different gain levels for now save for another white label cuz they rock =P

I got a White Label with one of the Used 1200's I purchased awhile back, I enjoyed the sound quality greatly in comparision to other needles I had tried so I went to go buy another to compliment the one I already had.

However, to my surprise, 2 of the 3 dj-retailers around my area stopped carrying them because of a high return rate as a result of supposed defects.

It's a shame because they sound quite nice, they just seem (atleast, from what I've heard) to be quite fragile.

Although, upon reading the rest of the thread it seems as though it may have been a frequency issue.

Best bet would be to grab another simply to have a matching pair; they sure to look nice! (and sound great!)

Back
Top Bottom