Shure M447 vs Ortofon Pro s

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Currently got the ortofons but have heard really good things abou the Shure's. whats everyones preference?

had both. prefer the shure.

however im not sure its work replacing them tbh.
you'd need the cart and stylus
if your pro-s' stylus needs replacing it will be much cheaper than bagging a new shure cart/styli

yeah they are better imo than the pro-s'

better for cueing up / durability. if you can afford to upgrade then i would. just don't expect a massive difference between them.

i dont know tbh tone. look up the nightclub styli and see which carts it is compatible with.

the m447s.. i have an spherical and elliptical styli for ripping vinyl. they both fit in the same cartridge

Used both - Definitely the M447's are better for durability.

Ive got Concordes at the moment but when the time comes will revert back to Shures...

The styli are interchangeable as far as I know, been using some scratch ones on my DJ-S carts for a while now. The 447s are solid, brilliant for any sort of timecode.

was it danwell who got told the headshell style carts are better for DVS? I cant remember why though, but something to bear in mind if youre gonna make the switch

shures for dvs. 100%

my experiences of ortophons are they gather dust too easily and skip all over the place after a couple of months use.

Another vote for Shures from me

If you don't scratch then the M44Gs are a bit kinder to your vinyl. I've heard Ortofons wear your records down more but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.

From what I remember when I researched these M447 are some of the best styli out there, very long lasting, don't skip out the groove, more for scratching so if its just mixing Ortofons are probably the preferred option

In the end I went for some stanton diablo where the styli ended up costing £25 each to replace, more than the replacement cost for the M447 each! And probably near to the amount it cost to buy them complete in the first place...so when they wear out again I'd be looking to upgrade to something else!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom