SHOW ME (this mouse isn't dead) ....

Bump! Did some tweaking and actually, I'm starting to like the track as a bit of a summer tune ... :D
Nobody in here for an easygoing, fun vibe summer track?? :cool:
Awaiting feedback... :razz:

i like the synth sounds like a big handsy uppy time ha, think liquicity love stuff like that, trancy dnb. just sounds quite squashed when it drops, like the synth doesn't cut through anymore maybe the bass is eating up too much headroom or something

i like the synth sounds like a big handsy uppy time ha, think liquicity love stuff like that, trancy dnb. just sounds quite squashed when it drops, like the synth doesn't cut through anymore maybe the bass is eating up too much headroom or something
Finally some constructive feedback on this one, Cheers mate! I think ur right... some freq. interfere with the melo synth in intro/break. Need to check what it is ... thx for pointing out!

Checked edit:
Nicely done! This is not really my style of DNB but i appreciate what you've done here.

imho:
synths are too loud in the intro/vocal is too quiet: that main lead could be turned down
It sounds (to my ears at least) like there's a slight "loudness" loss from the intro to the drop.

Very cool drop, no complaints there, just louder vocal. very nice bud. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Checked edit:
Nicely done! This is not really my style of DNB but i appreciate what you've done here.

imho:
synths are too loud in the intro/vocal is too quiet: that main lead could be turned down
It sounds (to my ears at least) like there's a slight "loudness" loss from the intro to the drop.

Very cool drop, no complaints there, just louder vocal. very nice bud. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Cheers xiris. Thx for ur feedback! I think ur right and will turn volume of the bass/synths groups slightly down in intro&breaks in the final track version. This should solve the vocal and drop loudness issues. Cheers matey!

NIce quality on the production, actually very much grew on me.. i will admit that, at first, the lead retro sounding synth hit me a little hard. Kind of a nice happy vibe to this and by the end i actually was digging it. I personally commend you for the kick druim on this it really fits nicely in the mix.

Very nice Maschi, the synths are all a bit piercing for my ears but I know you like to master loud. It's a cool track without a doubt though... Nice hook, good sound selection, great vocal and enough variation to keep me interested.

Would be interesting to know a little about your mixdown master process because as much as I feel you push things a little too much for this loud in your face feel, it still remains dynamic and relatively warm imo. I'm looking to push mine a bit more in future so would love some tips to get a happy medium.

I reckon you could get away with it being a little less pushed though.

NIce quality on the production, actually very much grew on me.. i will admit that, at first, the lead retro sounding synth hit me a little hard. Kind of a nice happy vibe to this and by the end i actually was digging it. I personally commend you for the kick druim on this it really fits nicely in the mix.

hi PD, cheers mate! glad you like a bit of cheese at time (at least I do every now and then ;) I will look at the melo synth and how to bring down a bit ... special thanks for your feedback on the kick. did cost me quite a bit of work but I wasn't sure it fully fits the track ... now I know the kick sounds about alright, thx! (yn):2thumbs:

Last edited:
Very nice Maschi, the synths are all a bit piercing for my ears but I know you like to master loud. It's a cool track without a doubt though... Nice hook, good sound selection, great vocal and enough variation to keep me interested.

Would be interesting to know a little about your mixdown master process because as much as I feel you push things a little too much for this loud in your face feel, it still remains dynamic and relatively warm imo. I'm looking to push mine a bit more in future so would love some tips to get a happy medium.

I reckon you could get away with it being a little less pushed though.

hey ron, thanks for commenting on a track that is far from your common music taste! :2thumbs:
I'm glad the tracks' movement/variations can even keep people interested who don't fancy this style. ;)

interesting point about pushing the master: actually a day filling topic that deserves a specific thread, wouldn't it?
just quickly, u r right, I don't like too quiet tracks but still want mine to be 100% clean with no clipping/distortion, hard to achieve!
I put OZ7 on the master but use it very gently (just stereo imager and maximiser) .. threshold never more than -3/4 db.
good trick with uploading to SC seems to be to set ceiling at -1.5db ... below video is on why.

PS: Are you sure the main melo synth need to be brought down??
I like the melo quite a bit and want it to peak a bit.
Or did I add just too much distortion effect to it?
Thanks for listening and your feedback matey!

Last edited:
yeah a new thread with some tutorials would be very handy actually.

I used to do something similar using the waves plugins but I rarely put anything on my master except for abletons stock limiter now. And as much as I'm always happy it doesn't compress all my sounds too much I'm aware I need to boost it some. I'll watch this tut and see if I can learn some new tricks...

I think it sounds pretty harsh yeah but I notice some sounds are lost as well (remember I've seen older work from you and felt it was crushed a lot) e.g. The vocal is drowned out a couple of times from memory so I truly believe you push just a little too hard. Still if it works well at most intervals in particular the drop I can see how hard it is for ya.

Not that I've tried this but could limiting/maximising be automated without adverse effects I wonder? So maybe a bit lighter on the intro and a little more pushed on the drop.

that's exactly what I'm planning to do with this track (as a final step) ... bring synth and bass groups slightly down in the intro/break parts .. in hope the synth/vox clarity issue will be solved and the drop loudness loss as well. hope it works. cheers mate! :2thumbs:

Hi Mash, nice tune mate, would like a more interesting snare, doesn't seem to stand out enough for me. You're tweeked version was definitely better on the levels, i admire your versatility with tackling different styles, pigeon-holed you are not.

Thanks CP, glad u like this one and can see I'm not attached to any style of dnb. The snare actually is a 4 layer and I want it to sound clappy.. just personal preference. Will upload a mastered version soon, level issues should be gone then ;) Hope this one is right in time for the summer season ...:rave:

The intro synth is pretty loud in my opinion, but the melody overall is very catchy. Makes me think of danny byrd/metrik stuff. Nice one tho, dunno about the stereo snare tho. I mostly keep it mono!

Back
Top Bottom