Show me love.

JoeCarlse

-ToxicExit09-
I know you guys hate this kinda question, but what instrument plays the melody in this song, and what would be best to create it with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a pair of square waves (or a square wave mixed with a small amount of saw/triangle for harmonics) with a bit of detuning (try tuning to fifths and other alt. tunings). Almost any synth has these waveforms as they're the core staples of synthesis.

You'll want your primary volume envelope (the one linked to amp/output) to have a short attack/sustain and just a small amount of release so the sound has short tail. You can also apply a similar shape to another envelope source (if your synth has one, ex. Massive, Zeta+2, Zebra, etc.) and then link it to a reverb effect in your synth so that the "space" is controlled and follows your sound.

As a sidenote, this is one of the most recognizable sounds on the planet, so I would strongly encourage you to manipulate the timbre to suit your taste/style. No one wants their track to be called out for using a sound from a Robin S. tune... :)

Back
Top Bottom