shoutz out from oZ

cyber

hey all,

shoutz from Brisbane Australia,

here to learn a thing or two, have listened to drum n bass on and off for 15 years or so but it kind of lost me for a while. Seeing this youtube vid got me back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKfvP3slE0

I now have reason and fruity installed. Been messing around with both trying to work out which one to use. Fruity seems easy Im just concerned it will be a little to easy. Cubase is another one on my mind but a little expensive.

Im thinking along the lines of doing drums in fruity and bass in reason? I had a mess around with renoise but fruity seems to be a bit easier.

Is it worth learning how to use Redrum over fruity?

Anyway thanks for having me onboard!

oh fav style, I think that vid sums it up, I like it dark/hard-vocal&slammin

Last edited:
ez mate, hows the DnB scene being repped over in Aus???

Dont really know to be honest havnt been out to any events for a while. I think I am still living in the past but we dont have many events (I think probably due to insurance issues).

What I would give to see some good warehouse raves again! Im very much over clubs, they really are not my scene.

but we dont have many events (I think probably due to insurance issues).

dude are you for real? the dnb scene is australia is very healthy! still slightly underground though so you've just got to know where to look to find gigs. (y)

welcome aboard cyber, respect!

dude are you for real? the dnb scene is australia is very healthy! still slightly underground though so you've just got to know where to look to find gigs. (y)

spoken like a Perth person there Gumby (luckier than you think), the rest of the country has never been comparable in terms of event size and regularity.

no way mesh. we get an few internationals playing here at least once a month.

you cant be telling me that they come all the way from the UK, play a gig in perth and then go home? they HAVE to be hitting up the east coast too. it doesnt make sense.

no way mesh. we get an few internationals playing here at least once a month.

you cant be telling me that they come all the way from the UK, play a gig in perth and then go home? they HAVE to be hitting up the east coast too. it doesnt make sense.

Sorry if my tone offended you, it was actually meant to be a compliment for my fellow Perthian that we come from a city with such a comparably good scene to the rest of Australia.

A few DJs do play in perth and go home (doc scott did last year), or go to adelaide and miss the east coast. When they make it to the east coast, brisbane nearly always misses out. Ask Cyber.

melbourne has loads of dubstep at the moment, one MONTHLY local dnb night (called 'Wobble' !), and an international probably once a month. thats it.

in the next 5 weeks we have State of Mind (cack) and London Elektricity (okay), but more dubstep gigs than you can shake a stick at. not really a thriving scene for a city of 3.5 million.

anyway, its hard to explain all this. more fun for you to visit other cities and check them for yourself I guess. but I'm not talking from a lack of experience here.

Back
Top Bottom