Should I buy sausage fattener?

ive seen a few good producers using it on videos. Spy being one of them. I think camelphat is instaresult (especially the randomize button) style as well, but everyone uses it. With any plug in, it's how you use it that will make it worth buying or not. Sausage fattner if used very subtley can be really good. I personally think for the price its worth it.

Totally agree, for the price alone its definitely worth getting and apply very lightly. Where can one view this Spy video you speak of?

no way you asked this question i have been wondering this myself for a while the fact its only £20 surly its worth it,
cheapest plugin I’ve ever heard off :)

Oh man, Sausage Fattener and Soundgoodizer....where do I begin on this subject?!

In my honest opinion I think they are completely over rated, and a quick fix to make something "Sound" bigger. But in reality I believe they can mask underlying issues within a mix, causing problems later on. I used to always want to use something like these back when I was 1st starting out, because I wanted that immediate Awesomeness to my tracks! But over time I've found I can get a bigger cleaner sound by use of careful EQ and level monitoring, and then get the fullness I desire with parallel compression and some subtle multiband dynamics at the end of the mixdown process.

Each to their own I guess, but in all honesty, I wouldn't use Sausage Fattener if it was given to me for free.

I agree. I've used Sausage Fattener before, and its not terrible, but i always end up replacing it with something else down the road. I certainly dont use it to make things sound "good" in that sense. I'll use it as part of a resampling chain here and there to add some grit or color, ad I dont own too many distortion plugins at the moment.

Camel Phat, Antares Warm and Izotope Trash 2 are definitely good purchases if Sausage Fattener isnt ticking your pickle.

Trash 2 is actually sick.

Sausage Fattener is the only plugin that has come remotely close to producing that red lined analogue mixing desk sound.

TBH I haven't really thought about using it on my drums at all. Got a nice free amp plugin "Anvil" Does the trick nicely.

Back
Top Bottom