Should I abandon this track or persist?

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
Ok, for a while now I've been working on a project which involves combining classical music and dance music (Yeah, it sounds like a stupid idea, but it made sense in my head) classical music has chords and melodies, and dance music has rhythms and drums and lots of bass, so I thought I'd combine the two, lots of different ways, cause there are lots of sorts of dance and classical music.

I've made two tracks that I'm happy with (sort of) and I've started a third but I've got a bit stuck with it and don't know where to go next?

Should I give up and move onto another project, or should I try and extend this track?

https://soundcloud.com/smoothassilk/keep/s-H5rpK

(Sorry about poor mixing)

imo, the bass is not right, if i were to have classical or have anything musical, id probably go for a heavily side chained lead, but thats what i would think i would do.

Also, i have fuck loads of ideas here and there, some I know have potential because i dont get bored of them, while listening to for days on repeat.

imo, the bass is not right, if i were to have classical or have anything musical, id probably go for a heavily side chained lead, but thats what i would think i would do.

Funny you should say that: track before this was minimal house with sidechained lead.
I did have a lot of trouble making the bass both dirty and pitched enough to be able to hear what the notes are.

Back
Top Bottom