Should DnB evolve?

Elektroshock

pretty self explanatory title..

not including pendulum.. who seem to be the soul hate of everyone in dnb.. what do people think of the "newer" sound.... people like matrix and futurebound, L.A.O.S, and some of Chase and Status' stuff and maybe some of J Magik and Wickerman? and Mistabishi?
and what about Some of the random fusion songs which come out like London elektricity "All hell is breaking loose"???

Basically what way do people think drum and bass should evolve? or should it not evolve at all?

In my eyes it is constantly evolving and will continue to do so.

I'm just coming along for the ride.

The only 'evolving' I see really is improved technical production quality. Loads of different types of drum and bass always have existed and always will exist. Only now every track you hear is pretty immaculate production-wise, bar a few releases on very small labels.

No, not at all.

No music should.

Not one artist in the whole world should change anything about music.

It should all stay as it is and recycle the same ideas and make the same music over and over and over again.

What a stupid fucking question.

No, not at all.

No music should.

Not one artist in the whole world should change anything about music.

It should all stay as it is and recycle the same ideas and make the same music over and over and over again.

What a stupid fucking question.

how is it a stupid question when so many seem to hate what it evolves into? i.e pendulum.. i wasnt asking so much should it evolve as much as im asking do people like what its evolving into? i suggest you dont take everyone for an idiot. Its a simple question to grab attention and inspire more people to right views... thats all.

I think a lot has changed from what dnb was. But yer sub genres did sprout pretty early.

Has anyone heard mistabishi's album?

if you don't like what music is evolving into... then your mind is stuck on pause... press play... u'll be fine...

jesus christ lol..
ok.

1. i like what its evolving into
2. Sorry if the question was misleading im just trying to make an interesting thread asking what people think of the new music coming out? :S
3. is everyone stressed out?

Darwin ain't got nothing on this.

(don't evolve, popularity would ruin drum and bass, there are so many idiots in the world who would mainstream the shit out of it)

there is a band somewhere which does jazz improv. dnb fusion... ive forgotten their name. for me though its not dnb enough to still call it drum and bass...

and good point. we cant.. but i guess we can support those doing original and new ideas??

i think its good that its going the direction that it is. 10 years ago when i first heard drum and bass it was way dark with a bunch of sweaty dudes with hoodys on. as ive watched it evolve ive deffinatly seen more girls showing an interest in it, and as far as im concerned theres nothing wrong with that. and producers trying new things and switching the style up taking drum and bass in every direction gettn more people interested is a good idea. and for those who think it should just stay underground thats fine also, but dont hate cuz a certain producer or dj is heading in different directions at times. shit when i play out im not just gonna play what i wana play ima play what i think them girls standing there wondering wtf is this are gonna maybe feel and trying pull em in slowly, instead of just jamming some shit down there throat that they will never understand. you mite have to play a mainstream remix everynow and then to suit the whole audiance. just my opinion.

I don't know if you can really see DnB evolving as a cohesive unit. Its like any style of music in a certain time period, certain sounds are popular. For example: it wasn't until a couple years ago that the radio hip/hip RnB started to sing into vocoders, now it seems to have saturated the scene, and everyone is doing it. But it can't be that way forever, and this is only one small slice of the hip hop genre. Some people like it, i think its shit - but that does not matter. Cause some of the things i like others do not like as much as me.

It all passes in time man. I have been a DnB Aficianado for 10+ years, and the sound has changed many times, but thats what keeps me locked in. If everyone was still trying to make their tracks sound like LTJ Bukem or Cloud 9, i am afraid DnB would have died out years ago (this is what happened with speed garage - too many people making tunes that sound too similar and everyone lost interest)

I think variety is key, and this is where DnB really has a great deal of success.

Drum n Bass evolves yearly. All genres of music do. An artist steps up and introduces a new sound. When I first heard Disco Dodo, i had never heard anything like it. The same goes Printer Jam by Mistabishi and loads of other tunes.

The reason why I love Drum n' Bass is because it's so damn eclectic. As long as you have drums, bass, and a fast BPM, you can do whatever. It's like play doh. You can take that doh and make whatever you want with it. It's still playdoh in the end, whether it's a playodh house or a playdoh car.

I love drum n' bass :)

i agree with all of the last few comments. I think its a shame when people get too bogged down in one style of drum and bass. If you ask me it slows down the people who are trying to take it to new places...
thats an opinion though

Drum n Bass evolves yearly. All genres of music do. An artist steps up and introduces a new sound. When I first heard Disco Dodo, i had never heard anything like it. The same goes Printer Jam by Mistabishi and loads of other tunes.

The reason why I love Drum n' Bass is because it's so damn eclectic. As long as you have drums, bass, and a fast BPM, you can do whatever. It's like play doh. You can take that doh and make whatever you want with it. It's still playdoh in the end, whether it's a playodh house or a playdoh car.

man no offense, but i can't stand printer jam or disco dodo. I think they were fun novelty concepts, but i don't know if their ideas pushed the genre forward.

Nice one (y)

Back
Top Bottom