DnB Short tunes..

DeeGun

banned on facebook
VIP Junglist
I recently noticed that lots of tunes, especially jump up tunes, barely pass the 5 minute mark which is quite annoying. Most of em don´t even pass 4.30 mins. Yesterday I got really angry about Ghetto Bizness only being like 3.43 mins short. :jerkit: Yeah, you can never the less work with them but imo a length of 5.40 mins is perfect.

Thoughts?

OP is a faget. :crazy:

because of the vinyl situation i dont think artists these days work 2wards a vinyl release. more digital,sometimes they get lucky and get that digital made peice sighned to vinyl. personaly i aim for digital releases wich is why most of my stuff is 5 mins long and not 7 :(

the ones at 3:40mins are probly aimed towards the commercial market? used to be called Radio Edits

Its not a new thing, 'radio edits' @ ~3:30mins and 'club edits' @ ~7mins have been common for as long as i can remeber, i think with the emergance of Traktor and the MashUp dj set, track length is not such an issue so the club edits are being left behind. personally i like doing long techy mixes so 3min tracks aint as much fun

the ones at 3:40mins are probly aimed towards the commercial market? used to be called Radio Edits

Its not a new thing, 'radio edits' @ ~3:30mins and 'club edits' @ ~7mins have been common for as long as i can remeber..

yeah, I know about that but I´m not talking about that. The one particular release I was talking about SKYZ008 - Die and A-Sides..DJ Die´s tune is always just 3.43 mins..its not a radio edit. Dunno if its also that short on vinyl..? All the short jump up tunes aren´t radio edits..its just that they are short ;)

its usually down to djs wantin the tunes all the same pattern 32 64 32 64 etc easy to mix thats with jump up anyway
most my tunes are around 4.30 mark some abit longer bout 5 or so
never really make anything shorter than 4 mins

yea but itd just be like a longer intro or outro
or bit in the middle.lol

Maaaaaaaaaaaate it's a bigger problem with the 140 stuff. Frankly 16 bar mixes are for faggots I have no idea why producers do this. Either they're too fucking stupid to think about it from the DJ's point of view (wanna watch us die or summat?) or they really want us to do short mixes. I have no idea why. They have no right to do that to something that puports to be a renaissance of jungle music (which involved very long mixes compared to the hardcore days). They need to bring in laws to compensate for the thickness of some producers imo.

Back
Top Bottom