DnB Short kick samples

JoelMarlow

Hey guys,

I've been producing Progressive and Electro for quite a while but have just started making DnB, really enjoying it!

I like to make my kicks from various samples however, due to the genres I was previously making I only have relatively long kicks in my arsenal. Does anyone know of any good packs with Kicks in? I want something short (relatively no tail) but still very solid.

Anyone used the London Electricity pack? I only want the one shots so it seems a bit of a
waste of money.

Cheers :D

Last edited:
I usually just do what ShirPan said and turn the decay down. The Receptor producing tutorial video helped me alot even though there's no commentary.

try the demo of Native Instruments_Transient Master and see if that helps you out at all,

After dropping one of those kicks into your sampler of choice, you can get the short kick you're after by messing about with the DSR portion of the ADSR amp envelope. If you find that the kick stops a bit to abruptly, add a small bit of release. Not sure what DAW you're using, but I find the ADSR of Ableton's sampler to be much "smoother" than other DAW samplers (ex. EXS24) when it comes to shaping the envelope.

Try a very short pitch envelope to tighten it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the enveloper within Logic is an essential plug in.

If you aren't using Logic your Daw might have an equivalent

Try a very short pitch envelope to tighten it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the enveloper within Logic is an essential plug in.

If you aren't using Logic your Daw might have an equivalent

Good call! Totally forgot about Logic's Envelope plug, it's a godsend–especially for shaping kicks and snares.

Back
Top Bottom