Shooting Outside Birmingham's Rainbow Warehouse Over The Weekend

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Old school house is wicked, stuff like Masters At Work which has a bit of soul to it

House music nowadays can suck balls. Plodding nonsense that gets pretty boring IMO

fractal

VIP Junglist
Old school house is wicked, stuff like Masters At Work which has a bit of soul to it

House music nowadays can suck balls. Plodding nonsense that gets pretty boring IMO
pretty generalising...if you generalise dnb like that at the moment it doesnt look too good to be honest.

on topic stuff like this happens WAY too much in brum

Hombre-J

Currently Ballsacked
VIP Junglist
Always moody raves in Brum. Shame, as it's just down the road from me. Tend to get such better vibes in Bristol/London/Manchester

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Always moody raves in Brum. Shame, as it's just down the road from me. Tend to get such better vibes in Bristol/London/Manchester
Theres a few decent smaller nights, Circoloco was meant to be a proper vibes night though and then that shit kicked off for no reason, following day's lineup got pulled straight away.

tewky1

VIP Junglist
Gun Crime is a scary business, dont want to get in the middle of those shenanigans. Loads of shit going down where I live at the moment, 6 o'clock news had my local petrol station on last week, so meth head going bonkers, stabbed a cop, then in the scramble robbed his shooter and iced him right in the middle of the forecourt, 10 in the head :( They put the whole thing on the news, so I could never unsee it again! Guns being illegal is such a good thing, anyone who thinks otherwise is a nut! They are legal here, and its carnage!

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist

I thought you was a bit more broad minded then that Wayne, i know where your coming from but there's plenty of different styles of House music at the moment that's doing it, it's not all plodding nonsense.

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
A few people off my bacefook, who are into House, are up in arms about this. They're just not used to situations like this in the scene.

One of them posted this; taken from some dude called Alexis Raphael's (I assume he's a house DJ) bacefook:

I’m in Ibiza at the mo and someone told me about what happened at Circo Loco Birmingham.

I’ve seen people comment online pointing the finger at certain sections of society and saying this is race and colour related and I just can’t have that without a response.

Unfortunately, house music has become the victim of its own success in the last 18 months. With this mass popularity comes the fact that everyone wants to be a part of the party, and with this comes the “bad” crowd.

But let me say, this bad crowd IS NOT about colour or race. This is, in a nutshell, about people that are stuck in an inner-city street mentality mind set. In their world, being the biggest and the baddest is of huge significance. It’s fake gangster sh*t. And when they come out they bring this mentality with them instead of leaving it at home, going out and enjoying themselves and getting away from that bullshit.

They first came into the rave scene in mass in London through jungle when it blew up in 1994, then they moved to garage when that did the same. Unfortunately, our scene has become the new thing for them.

I saw them creeping in at the beginning of 2012 and I knew the day when someone gets shot was gonna come, it was only a matter of time. And now here it is.

It’s so very sad to see something so positive, that we are all a part of, being invaded by these idiots.

But DO NOT be fooled into thinking this is about colour or race. As i said, this is a certain mentality that plagues every type of person, white, black, asian, everything.

At the moment house is the “in thing”, when it stops being so, they will move onto something else.

I’m looking forward to that day.