Shogun Audio Takeover the Boiler Room

sorry how does alix get away with playing a set like this?! pressing buttons for 45 minutes what is this, this isn't fucking djing?! has he been hanging out with mistabishi or something or am i completely missing the 'skill' involved in what he's doing?! someone enlighten me or share their thoughts.. i sure hope he doesn't do this at cable next weekend..

sorry how does alix get away with playing a set like this?! pressing buttons for 45 minutes what is this, this isn't fucking djing?! has he been hanging out with mistabishi or something or am i completely missing the 'skill' involved in what he's doing?! someone enlighten me or share their thoughts.. i sure hope he doesn't do this at cable next weekend..

ah yes i forgot we observe music and scratch our chins about how it's being played to us rather than listen to it

ah yes i forgot we observe music and scratch our chins about how it's being played to us rather than listen to it

oh okay..so you don't care about how the dj presents the music he wants to play? so if he turned up to a gig and played a set on virtual dj it wouldn't matter because all you care about is the music being played? obviously the music is the most important part BUT you can't just stand there for a whole set pressing a few buttons and expect me to be impressed.. seriously..and even the music he played in that set wasn't up to par. too much pretentious experimental shit for my liking.

what time was this so i can watch it back when its up?

Alix Perez set about halfway thru not sure what time but the host tries parrin him for using a laptop and perez returns with the whole 'hahahaha... no' thing, made me chuckle.. this is the same guy that said rockwell 'rocked well' at the end of his set...

Im not sure how those controllers work but I believe they are mapped to different elements of the tunes which are put through Ableton Live? May be completely wrong, but it does take skill. Not sure what to think about him not using headphones though, so it would seem its a pre planned set and he just pushes the buttons at the right time, I dont think theres any way to change the tunes in a set if the crowd isnt feeling it?

Again, may be completely wrong.

And I dont see how juke is "pretentious"

I found Perez's set the most interesting of the lot to be honest. Had some ridiculous mixes going on. There was one point where it seemed like he played 4 tracks in about a minute and it sounded amazing.

Im not sure how those controllers work but I believe they are mapped to different elements of the tunes which are put through Ableton Live? May be completely wrong, but it does take skill. Not sure what to think about him not using headphones though, so it would seem its a pre planned set and he just pushes the buttons at the right time, I dont think theres any way to change the tunes in a set if the crowd isnt feeling it?

Again, may be completely wrong.

And I dont see how juke is "pretentious"

i'm not too bothered by the controllers on this occasion to be honest cos you know on a normal day they'll al by using vinyl/cds/serato

i do kinda agree about the juke thing tho, maybe a bit pretentious but generally just not my cup of tea, just reminds me of hipster twats in brum who wear glasses with no lenses

did anyone really expect the shogun boys to play straight dnb tho? they've always had their experimental side which i quite enjoy (just not juke)

two tunes played last night, although these are regarded as "footwork", im not too sure on the difference between juke and footwork tbh, both originate from chicago

Last edited by a moderator:
that dj rashad tune you posted is fuckin terrible!.....Dont know what i think about juke but the bass for that tune is just a rumble! : |

yeah not my fave from him but it I could remember it being played last night

this is better

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom