Shogun Audio Evolution EP Series Two (forthcoming Shogun Audio)

Fuck me, haven't heard anything I like by the Prototypes, most of it's just generic jump up, but that Subterrestrial is huge. Sounds like something Phace would do. Very impressed. Let's hope their Shogun output is all stuff like this.
I was of this opinion too until I heard Subterrestrial. Their best track by a long way

Set It Off remix is a bit boring now but I'd still play it. Bitkrush and the other one are sick.

Just hope now that SPY delivers, which lets be honest, he usually does!

That Rockwell tune is gash.
can-of-worms.jpg

like the rockwell & icicle tunes, but the prototypes one isn't for me.. hope SPY saves this one for me

Not really feeling the Rockwell bit, Icicle remix has been rinsed, Prototypes tune is alright, but no way near as good as Phace's release on the last ep (but good to hear something different from them) and I will be interested to hear what the SPY tune is seeing as most of his output is pretty similar.

The last Evo Ep was incredible and I will decide to bag this once I have heard all the tunes on vinyl.

I still can't believe The Prototypes are signed to Shogun. It's a bit like if Hospital had signed Audio in that their sound does not fit with the majority of the labels output

I hope Shogun aren't going to do a Hospital on us

one of them is good mates with friction I believe, so doubt shogun will be 'doing a hospital' any time soon

If you want soul in your music I have no idea why you are listening to dnb

You wanna tell me that those 2 bits have no soul? Seriously there is alot of dnb with soul. This hence is dancefloor fooder. The Prototypes track sounds like a soulless repetitiv neuro endavour. Rockwell's BITKRUSH loses EVERYTHING he stand for. Compare this with Aria, Full Circle, Underpass or the warrior remix - that is rockwell!

Fairplay if you like it but don't tell me Shogun, usually, has no soul!

Last edited by a moderator:
You wanna tell me that those 2 bits have no soul? Seriously there is alot of dnb with soul. This hence is dancefloor fooder. The Prototypes track sounds like a soulless repetitiv neuro endavour. Rockwell's BITKRUSH loses EVERYTHING he stand for. Compare this with Aria, Full Circle, Underpass or the warrior remix - that is rockwell!

And how do you know what Rockwell stands for? Has he come round your house and told you 'mate, this is literally what I stand for'. Fact of the matter is, he makes a wide variety of music, some minimal and experimental (which I like), and some, like DJ Friendly Unit Shifter/Fakin Jaks/BTKRSH which is more dancefloor orientated (which I like). If he stood for just one type of DnB, he wouldn't make the other. The fact of the matter is he makes a wide variety, so therefore logically must enjoy making a wide variety.

Personally I think his production is getting tighter and tighter with each tune, and while BTKRSH may not be to everyone's tastes (which I can understand), you cannot deny that the quality of the production has improved over his early stuff. And while it may not be the Aria EP (pretty fucking hard to top), it's still a good tune, and no doubt will be very well received.

And how do you know what Rockwell stands for? Has he come round your house and told you 'mate, this is literally what I stand for'. Fact of the matter is, he makes a wide variety of music, some minimal and experimental (which I like), and some, like DJ Friendly Unit Shifter/Fakin Jaks/BTKRSH which is more dancefloor orientated (which I like). If he stood for just one type of DnB, he wouldn't make the other. The fact of the matter is he makes a wide variety, so therefore logically must enjoy making a wide variety.

Personally I think his production is getting tighter and tighter with each tune, and while BTKRSH may not be to everyone's tastes (which I can understand), you cannot deny that the quality of the production has improved over his early stuff. And while it may not be the Aria EP (pretty fucking hard to top), it's still a good tune, and no doubt will be very well received.

Me and you dont normally agree on much but i'm with you 100% on this. Though I did think the Aria EP was a tad boring

BITKRUSH is Rockwell showing that he can go beyond the 'click & bass' sound he is known for. And if he kept doing that, it would get stale very quickly anyway

Back
Top Bottom