SHOGUN 100

Hope it's better than "RAMM200". The "10 years of Shogun" boxset wasn't that bad imo (except for that C&T remix of Aztec, which was horrendous).

that remix was indeed awful. the only track i recall from that box was spectrasoul - ben

I thought liquid & roller tracks on the last Shogun compilation were pretty good and the Neuro stuff (which isn't my thing) was reasonable. I'm interested to see whats on this release

Calibre's remix of Forsaken seemed to be the DJs' favourite from the bunch. XLRS, Exile and Etherwood's remix of Light In The Dark are my favourites (alongside Ben). Pretty decent compilation if you ask me :)
I agree with this - also Katana was awesome, and the Dark Days rmx. In fact, it has grown on my and is a pretty decent collection of tunes really. A new one would be doing well to top it....

I hope it's more like way of the warrior tbh
Way of the Warrior 1 for sure. 2 wasn't so great.

I've been wanting more of that Shogun sound ever since it came out but they've strayed so far from it that I wouldn't be surprised if Shogun 100 was all neuro.

"Fresh beats from the label roster, alongside appearance from Shogun associates who have have released and performed with us over the last 11 years." — this still makes me hopeful that there will be a soulful touch to the releases, or that at least one of the four EPs will be along those lines.

Way of the Warrior 1 for sure. 2 wasn't so great.

I've been wanting more of that Shogun sound ever since it came out but they've strayed so far from it that I wouldn't be surprised if Shogun 100 was all neuro.

"Fresh beats from the label roster, alongside appearance from Shogun associates who have have released and performed with us over the last 11 years." — this still makes me hopeful that there will be a soulful touch to the releases, or that at least one of the four EPs will be along those lines.

Is this worth a listen too. I didn't really like their last stuff...

Last edited:
Icicle posted a video the other day of this collab he did with Spor and Linguistics, I have a feeling that one will be on this release, but it's the standard Neuro stuff most of you folk would be bored of I think.

Calibre's remix of Forsaken seemed to be the DJs' favourite from the bunch. XLRS, Exile and Etherwood's remix of Light In The Dark are my favourites (alongside Ben). Pretty decent compilation if you ask me :)

Don't forget Lost Along The Way. My favourite from that comp along with Ben

As people have said The Way of The Warrior 1 over part 2 & 10 years of Shogun.

I really hope Friction has been saving Icicle and Rockwell - Resources, Icicle & Spinline - Airtight or Spinline - Alien for this like he sat on Ultraclean for a while

For some reason I was a big fan of Friction - Chimera on the 10 year box set. Forsaken remix, Ben, Light In The Dark Remix were good. The Prolix and Fourward tunes were far from bad. Not amazing on their own but great as tunes to sit back in the mix. I'd be happy with Way of The Warrior style or something more like the ten year set. I'm easy tbh.

Back
Top Bottom